wtaylorjr2001 profile image 79

Can everyone in the world be rich?

If there were a system, or procedure in which anyone in the world who used it would be rich, what fundamental properties would that system entail? By rich I mean having the ability to trade for or purchase anything a person desires.

Philanthropy2012 profile image90

DK (Philanthropy2012) says

• wtaylorjr2001 profile image

William H Taylor (wtaylorjr2001) 4 years ago

Thank you for your insight. I had not considered the case where you want a unique item that someone else possesses. The system would have to be able to generate an option in even that case.

LandmarkWealth profile image86

LandmarkWealth says

• wtaylorjr2001 profile image

Thank you for your insights. It is obvious now that the redistribution of wealth will fail for the reasons you have given. Therefore the system that I am looking for cannot redistribute wealth, it must create it. It must create new valuable products

unvrso profile image87

Jose Juan Gutierrez (unvrso) says

• wtaylorjr2001 profile image

Thank you for your opinion. By rich I mean able to trade for or buy anything that person desires, not just life. I am trying to define the requirements for such a system and want peoples input. This must work even for those who cant save a thing.

IDScience profile image78

IDScience says

wtaylorjr2001 profile image79

William H Taylor (wtaylorjr2001) says

Sapper profile image71

Sapper says

• wtaylorjr2001 profile image

Do you think that it's also possible to think of communism as a system where the gov owns the means of production in a society, and capitalism is privately owned industry? If so there could be a capitalistic system with the same benefits right?