jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Have You Ever Donated a Car to Charity?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image76
    MomsTreasureChestposted 4 years ago

If so, what was the mileage, year, make, model of the car?

1. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 9 months ago in reply to this

My father donated a car that was later found abandoned on a street in a ghetto. He found out where it was when a ticket was sent to him for abandoning his car. He found out the charity never did the proper title work and sold it to somebody that striped it and left it on the street for the city to clean up. Luckily the charity took care of the problem without costing my father any money.

2. MomsTreasureChest profile image76
    MomsTreasureChestposted 4 years ago

Anyone? 1877karsforkids jingle ring a bell?

3. A Troubled Man profile image60
    A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago

I donate autographed jerseys. I buy good quality authentic jerseys, have them autographed by sports stars, build quality display cases for them using museum grade plexi-glass and then donate them for auction to charities.

4. jponiato profile image83
    jponiatoposted 4 years ago

A 1989 Geo Tracker with approximately 175 thousand miles.  Donated to Mother Wattles Car Donation Charity around 1995.

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I tried to once and they didn't want it.  Ford contour, 125000 miles, broke carburetor.

6. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

I once scrapped a 1987 Austin Metro and gave the proceeds (thirty quid) to the RSPCA. It had been stolen no fewer than 16 times, been in two serious collisions (one where it had been written off by the insurance company) and prior to that had continually broken down. I absolutely hated that car!

7. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 9 months ago

yes. a 1993 dodge shadow. I was supposed to get a $500 tax deduction. But, when they sent me the paperwork, they sent me a receipt for a 1985 pos. I think they guys who towed the car took my car and gave them theirs. I put almost $3,000 worth of work into that car, it also had brand new tires on it.

I gave it to a mission that restores and resells older cars to the needy. I wen and looked at the cars they had, and my car was not there. Wouldn't do it again though. they were getting donated cars and selling them for $2,000 to $3,000.

What needy person has that kind of money.