Global Warming - the alarmists are at it again!

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (57 posts)
  1. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 10 years ago

Once again, the latest IPCC report makes exaggerated claims of a looming Armageddon, cherry-picking data to support their alarmist propaganda. 

However, the NIPCC report also from climate scientists (although not on the UN payroll) does not agree with the official UN report.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/20 … e-science/

Oh yes, it’s not called “global warming” any more. Could that be because there is none?
    http://chemtrailsplanet.net/2014/04/01/ … te-change/

And some other possible causes for “climate change” . . .
    http://chemtrailsplanet.net/2013/11/05/ … r-weapons/

What do you think?

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think anybody who doesn't believe that man can affect climate is- well- delusional.

It has been recognised for many years that man affects local climate, why is it accepted locally but not globally?

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
        Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Governments push their version of climate change because they have found it to be a great money spinner, TAX TAX TAX .

Mankind undoubtedly affects the climate so shouldn't we be looking at ways of reducing the effects by reducing population?

What? So those that don't care don't have to care?
          Very generous of you.

Lost me then John.

Is your generosity quip aimed at my dislike of paying higher and higher taxes without seeing any significant results or is it about the undeniable fact that man affects the environment but we continue to produce more and more humans?

Your comment about reducing pollution by reducing population.

Where would you start? With those whose political views didn't align with yours?

1. wilderness profile image95
                wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No - we should start with anyone that has the letter "S" in their online name.

1. janesix profile image60
                  janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Then only John Holden would be left.

That's a pretty small gene pool for repopulating the Earth.

2. John Holden profile image60

Hm. mine has a silent S for Stuart in the middle.

2. Silverspeeder profile image60

Did you assume I meant culling humans John?

I would start with education, educate people as to why its not a good idea to have 5, 10 or 20 children, educate people into the fact that a rise in population uses more natural resources and the use of those natural recourses contributes to climate change.
                We are struggling now with only 7billion people how will we cope with 8billion by 2050 and this a conservative estimate.
                Of course there will be those who point to the Peoples republic of China's one parent policy which has many critics and as many flaws and exceptions yet it still prevented an extra estimated 200million population growth between 1979-2009.

Who is we? The US? We don't even have an overpopulation problem. China does, but they have that under control for the most part. Maybe countries like India could use some education. Who's job is it to teach them?

We as Humans, or do you think its just other people not America, they don't cause any pollution do they?

2. John Holden profile image60

Slowing down or even stopping population growth would have little or no effect. You would actually have to drastically reduce population to have any meaningful effect.

Well then, that's too bad. Who would ever recommend culling humans? Only a deranged mind.

The population will most likely reduce due to war and simple starvation eventually. Sad.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Global warming initiative actually cost governments money and reduce economic growth.  So it would be a very strange hoax for them to push.

Governments don't have money, taxpayers do!

2. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What seems funny to me is those that wish to overlook recent climactic changes as delusions of over zealous scientists to panic the population, readily accept the older science of archeology to determine frequency through the ages of it happening before. Are the two sciences at odds with each other? Is more in depth explanation the key? Then you have those that would blame it on politics as a tax raising scheme. I am old enough to remember distinct four season temperatures in the fifties and sixties and they were more pronounced. Now it seems we go from a medium temperature range in spring and fall straight to the harsh temperatures of summer and winter. Something is different but refusing to do something about it, whether unaffiliated studies or specific targeted theories, we are ignoring something right in our faces. I have an idea lets just talk about it and save ourselves the money and effort so nothing is done. Wait! That's what we are doing now.

3. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Man what a brutal winter that was. Still got snow on my yard. Did you see that storm that hit the east coast in April?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8862263_f248.jpg

4. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I was a child in 1963 but I remember my father having to dig us out of the house and I live in England!
        Over my lifetime there have been many good and bad winters, some with snowfall, rainfall and freezing temps and some with warm and sunny weather.

2. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 10 years ago

“climate change”

Indeed. The climate never changes. That's silly.

Chemtrailsplanet? Really? That's where you get your news?

Maybe you're being sarcastic, I'm not sure. I hope so.

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Built 17 worlds record 30,000 tons or more snow playgrounds, over a course of 35 years. I know intimately global warming is very alarming, yet not all global warming on earth is created by man.

I don't know if the climate is warming or cooling (there are good theories for both). It's certainly changing.

Mostly natural.

Probably a little to do with our humble efforts, but not even close to all.

3. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 10 years ago

At first the alarmists coined the phrase "AGW" or Anthropogenic Global Warming - or "human caused global warming" in plain English.

Then, when the climate would not cooperate, they changed this to just "Global Warming" - harder to deny, but with the same connotations.

Then when the climate still would not cooperate, they changed this to "Climate Change" - even harder to deny but still with the same connotations. Now some are even saying that if you are a climate change denier, you should be put in prison.

How can anyone deny that the climate is changing? An example . ..   

This morning, it was cloudy. This afternon the sun came out, and this evening it rained!. What do you call that? Yes, folks thats climate change. 

The real issue is that, as more and more scientists and governments are now saying . . . the catastrophic predictions of the IPCC are ludicrous. The earth is actually cooling now, and even when it was warming a few years ago, that was NOT caused by human CO2 emissions. Period.

So all this nonsense about carbon taxes and carbon footprints is just baloney! There is a political agenda in play here . . . cant you see it?

There might be a political agenda, but that's besides the point. There is REAL climate change (and not  the daily weather changes in your area, as you seem to equate with climate, which it is not) going on, whether it is cooling or heating doesn't matter. Changes are natural, and go in cycles. This is obvious. That's what ice ages are about. We've been through a Garden of Eden period of stability for a few thousand years,and that's ending. It will have major impact on the world, crops, weather etc. People need to realize that things change,and be prepared for it. Like not having an ifrastucture that relies on uninterrupted electric power through the type of grid system we currently have. That is too centralized, etc.

People need to remember that we are always nine missed meals away from chaos.

2. Castlepaloma profile image77

sannyasinman

Ice has melted in the the Arctic in the pass 25 years to the scale of Alaska and Texus combined. I snowbsculpture  international for 35 years, ten years ago  loss 80% of the snow bussiness due to warm weather. Today stopped because palm tree and banana trees are growing in Vancouver BC.

Hard to believe that either normal palm OR banana trees could grow without considerable help in a location with an average low temperatures of 1 degree C for 3 months out of the year.  That's a guarantee that many weeks each year will see sub freezing temperatures each night.

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Vanco … ia/CA.aspx

1. Castlepaloma profile image77

Lived in Florida for a wail, it went down to freezing temperatures the odd time. The bananas and palms trees can handle it for a short time, the same in Vancouver, except some days they need to be covered.

You should see our ugliest gardens of cactus and succulents plants and visit many of the clubs in the big cities.

My grandkids will not believe me when I tell them, I made a living in the winter time at ice and snow sculpture.

What you are conveniently leaving out of the story is that both are very specialized plants, adapted to cold climates, and that they have been around for many, many decades.  And that, particularly in the case of the banana, they require specialized care in Vancouver in spite of being cold climate adapted.

(You might want to research "windmill palms" a little)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)