jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Mistreatment of Military Moms

1. LSKing profile image85
    LSKingposted 6 years ago

I'm watching Oprah right now, and this is so sad. Veteran military moms are telling their stories of rape, homelessness and custody battles. I'm in tears over here. This is so awful. Is anyone else watching this? Did you know that 1 in 3 women in the military are victims of sexual assault? I'm so thankful that my husband asked me to marry him before I finalized going into the Army.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

yes, I did see that. I think it's a disgrace. I'm glad there is action being taken to correct it. it's just wrong.

1. LSKing profile image85
      LSKingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can't believe that the one woman was actually living out of her car. That's so sad. I need to follow her story. I can't get this off my mind.

3. 0
    china manposted 6 years ago

I would like to say that mistreatment of everyone to do with the military is about unjust wars etc, but it has always been the same.  Those who serve their country (any country) can claim some kind of pride but not dignity it would appear.  I used to play chess at a home for disabled soldiers from the second war, they got pretty much nothing in return for arms, legs, faces and most of them also lost their wives and children through divorce etc.