jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Rick Santorum tries to solve his Google problem

1. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

By Colby Itkowitz, Morning Call
    September 21, 2011, 9:20 a.m.
    Reporting from Washington— Presidential hopeful and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum doesn't make headlines like his other Republican contenders, but his name was trending sixth Wednesday in nationwide Google searches. And it's not because of a policy speech or a surge in the polls. It's because he talked about his "Google problem."

He blasted the Internet company in an interview with Politico Tuesday and reportedly asked Google to remove a site that redefines his name in graphic, sexual terms. When Santorum's name is searched, that site is the first that appears.
    ....Columnist Dan Savage started the site in 2003 in response to anti-gay comments Santorum made in an interview with the Associated Press. This summer on the website FunnyorDie.com, Savage threatened to redefine Santorum's first name too if he campaigned for president on an anti-gay platform.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la … 2486.story
    if you type his name on google,you'll see something a little unpleasant..not going to print it here..

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

That's pretty awesome.  I'm not sure who's side I take here - but it was a funny forum post to read!

3. leroy64 profile image80
    leroy64posted 5 years ago

I think Mr.Santorum needs to be nicer to Google.  I googled his name and ......ew!  I now know there is such a thing as bad publicity.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image70
    Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago

It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

5. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

looks like Google hasn't removed that term yet..roll

working