Online Dating Profiles and Photos: The Truth They Hide
The Truth is Out There
Into online dating? Know the difference between an online dating-site profile and what will be sitting in front of you when you meet for coffee. Profiles use certain phrases over and over. They are a code. Read between the lines of a profile -- and know in advance, a little better, what you'll likely to get. (And smile. It's the Dating Game!)
- "Studying to be a personal trainer" = unemployed
- "Real estate investor" = house flipper
- "Ready to settle down" = sick
- "Not a player" = a player
- "Seeking soulmate" = a player with 2 years of college
- "My kids come first" = "Warm body wanted"
- "shoulder surgery" = obese
- Photo with pet = emotionally warped or unavailable
- Photo taken years ago = low self-esteem
- No photograph posted = obese or married
- Photo of torso, no head = has STD
- Photo with cleavage = stupid
- Photograph with parents/siblings = immature
- "Likes to laugh" = evil
- "Free spirit" = unkempt, promiscuous
- "Christian" = boring
- Holiday or formal-occasion photograph = male: grubby; female: "Marry me"
- "handsome" = incarcerated
- "spiritual" = broke
- Photo with opposite sex person who is cropped out of the picture = co-dependent
- "Likes quiet times" = couch potato
- "relaxed lifestyle" = disabled or obese
- "to hang out with" = "to provide me with casual sex"
- "lonely" = mental patient
- Photo in mirror = desperate
- Webcam photo = nothing to offer
- "sensitive" = alcoholic or dry drunk
- "shy" = asocial
- "seeks special lady" = sordid marital history
- "seeks fun gal" = old or impotent
- "age 54" = age 64
- "No games" = games
- "open-minded" = perverted
- "Romantic" = one dinner before expecting sex
- "Very romantic" = two dinners before expecting sex
Smile! Copyright 2012 by Rulalenska. All rights reserved.
More by this Author
They know a good woman when they see one. That's a male golddigger. Here's how he will make your life a living hell.
Had he told his other woman about his herpes? Was it wrong of me to let her know? Or more irresponsible not to let her know? A tough choice revealed a tragic story.
Although your spouse or partner might not hit you, he or she can arrange to make you miserable in public and private no matter how smart or educated you are.
No comments yet.