What Women Know But Don't Understand About Men
It's Not Always Their Fault
In every relationship I've seen fall apart, it's always the same things: communication, public display of emotions, and lack of space for the individuals. Usually it's usually men that don't like to talk, show "touchy-feely" emotions out in public, or gives too little or too much space. It's not necessarily entirely their fault. In terms of evolution, early human males didn't settle with just one female. They were just trying to reproduce in order to build the human race. They did not show emotion while they were around other humans because it would be a sign of weakness and possible could get them killed. Humans are about 250,000 years old, men have somewhat evolved into today's mindset, but subconsciously those instincts are still there.
Communication is EVERYTHING
Communication is key to any relationship. If you aren't going to talk to each other how can you expect to know each other?
- Men don't like to talk about how their feeling to anybody, especially women. They prefer to just let things be and time take it's course. It's because it's one of those subconscious instincts early human males had. They feared it would be a reason to get them killed. Although that probably isn't the case today, it's still in their mind set. So for women, don't get in a huffy if he doesn't want to talk. He will come around to it in his own time. Don't be pushy because it will make him feel uncomfortable to be around you.
- Most men don't like to hold hands, kiss, or hold your purse in public. They just want to walk side by side like everyone else in the world. Again, it is one of those subconscious instincts. To show any sort of emotion in the presence of others of your species could be the last thing you ever did. So for women, don't get your britches in a knot if you doesn't want to hold your hand or kiss you after a movie, especially if you are just starting to see each other. He will come to be more comfortable around you to show emotion in public.
- After you've been dating for a couple years, women have this mindset that the two of you will spend the rest of your days together. Most men, don't have that in their mind. They want a girlfriend, without any strings. So, women, if you've been dating for a couple years and feel you two could make it work the rest of your lives, talk to him. By now he should be comfortable enough with you that he will listen and speak his mind. Don't assume that if he doesn't talk, he doesn't want to be with you. He's just not ready to tell you because he probably is still a little unsure himself. Spending the rest of your lives together is a big step up from a girlfriend and he just needs to think.
- Men need space just as women need theirs. They don't like women who are "clingy." They want to have be apart of your life but at the same time they want to still be able to have some space. So women, let him go out with his friends. Don't assume that he was cheating on you because he didn't call or text you back.
- When something goes wrong in a relationship, men just want to fix it. They want to know what they did wrong and what to do about it. Most women, just want to cry, don't talk, and be angry for a while. I'm not saying you can't cry or be angry, I'm saying that you have to talk to him. If he doesn't understand what he did wrong, what can he do about it?
For Books on Relationships...
- Plethora - Books Worth Reading
For books on relationships please visit here and look under "Relationships".