jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

what will people say on your funeral?

1. Super Lux profile image60
    Super Luxposted 4 years ago

lately i've been thinking; if i'd die, what will people say during my eulogy?  will i be missed or will the world even notice?  how bout you? according to how you assess your life, what do you think will people say about you when you're gone?

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't care what they may or may not say, nor think, nor do. The only person I ever hoped to please is Almighty God. If I succeeded in that nothing else matters.

1. Cagsil profile image82
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And this is exactly the irrationality and misunderstanding a lot of people have and it's scary to have people thinking this sort of thing. Absolutely, 100% dangerous.

2. lorlie6 profile image84
    lorlie6posted 4 years ago

Check out this hub, Super Lux-I hope people will remember me in my words:

http://sharynsslant.hubpages.com/hub/PE … -Write-One

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"You don't think he'll come back, do you?"

Super Luxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

hahaha! cool!

3. Shaddie profile image92
    Shaddieposted 4 years ago

People will say at my funeral...

"It's about dang time!"

Super Luxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

like you've been around for quite longer than you should shaddie. haha. funny smile

4. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

wow.. so that's what you look like when you die at age 280

5. Lovelovemeloveme profile image78
    Lovelovemelovemeposted 4 years ago

What people always say when someone dies.
    "oh, she was a nice girl."
    "she's a quiet one that girl..."
    "oh yeah, She always light up the room whenever she entered."
    "her love for life and everyone around her showed."

lol everyone always says the same stuff whenever someone dies. No one ever really says things like:

"She was depressed for the longest time and everywhere she went negativity just overwhelms us all."
    "O.M.G. I knew she was going to get herself murdered."
    "Beautiful, maybe. Smart, nah."

6. AshtonFirefly profile image82
    AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago

When I die, I don't want people to make me sound like a freaking saint. Whenever you go to funerals, they always make the person sound perfect. I don't want any one to. I want them to say exactly who I was. Bad and good. I just want them to remember me as real, and that I didn't waste my life. I really  don't want people to read an eulogy. I'd rather them just be like, "Well...she's dead. We'll miss her. She was awesome. Crazy but awesome. She made our lives better." (hopefully that last part would be true)
    That's it. No mushy gushy unrealistic stuff. And then I'd want them to play cheerful music. I want to have a bright yellow and pink coffin. If I die, I shall die in style and colorfully.

7. chitradileep profile image76
    chitradileepposted 4 years ago

We will not be able to give an exact reply as thankfully we all are still alive. But I am sure that at least my parents and my dear ones will miss me. I have no idea how long they will miss me, may be after sometime they will get used to it. Who knows, there may be someone who is happy because I am dead. But surely no one will speak out about it on my funeral day even though they have it in their mind.

8. JBrumett profile image61
    JBrumettposted 4 years ago

They'll say I'm the best forum poster on any thread EVER.  That I learned more than anyone else who never did anything.  I had a mean streak that was only over shadowed by my mean streak.  My ability to engage in conversation was unparalleled in debates that involved less than two words.  Emotion that I felt when I saw other people hurting never compromised my ability to leave on my head-phones.  I offered the best free five dollar donation advice.  Not to mention that I was the first dead person to charge people money to go to my funeral.