jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

chain reactions

1. Wonder_Woman profile image60
    Wonder_Womanposted 6 years ago

Has a complete stranger ever did anything nice to make your day? And if so, which then made you do something nice to another complete stranger?

1. dejajolie profile image61
      dejajolieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Paying it forward.....great movie, BTW

I try to be nice in general just because (most people expect others to be mean) they expect to get cut off in traffic, not to say hi when passing you, etc. I like to surprise them and do just the opposite.... why nice. Kill 'em with kindness.

1. Wonder_Woman profile image60
        Wonder_Womanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yea like the movie
        You don’t expect people to be nice, but when a stranger does something nice for you, it really wakes you up, as if you never knew people were capable of nice deeds. Maybe im around too many assholes, but when I see someone do something nice for another, it really wows me.

2. 0
    poetlorraineposted 6 years ago

well i am sure this is not what you mean.  I took a lady to hospital from the nursing home where i work, i was with her all day, but that is just my job..... Her family gave me a card with a nice sum of money in to thank me, which is unusual, i in turn bought my daughter a nice prezzie, on my way home to let her know i appreciate her also...oops the family were strangers to me, but of course my daughter was not.... just re read your question

3. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I've pretty much always had those times when strangers do something nice, and I'm also someone who generally does what I can if I think I can help someone (as long as I wouldn't be putting myself in potential danger).  I can't see I've seen it as chain-reaction, though.  I just think a lot of people are very kind-hearted and emphathetic and just naturally do things for others.  It may not show when everyone is hurrying through the mall, but when people see a chance to help others a good number just do, as long as they aren't worried that the person they help may be "up to something".

For me it's always been more a matter of, "Someone does something to make my day one day, and on another day I may try to do something to make someone else's day."

4. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

im usally the stranger, but i feel nice helping people.