he is not returning by calls/texts

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image49
    goldengirl88posted 12 years ago

Hi guys this may sound like a stypid question, but i have not ehard form my ex afafir partner for a couple of days and wonder if i am over reacting if he wants nothing more to do with me etc.

We are currently still friends and he is going through a really hard time! Here is some background. Recently after an incident involving his wife of which they had a fight she put the kids in the car and he pursued and they proceeded to bumb into each other, she lost control of the car, the police were called and he was arrested.  he already had an AVO on him and was not allowed to threaten or intimitate her. However, they had reconcile and where getting along swell.  Anyway the court has forbidden him from having any contact with her or the children, plus there is a possibility of him going to  jail.

Perhaps i am over reacting, but he has just stopped talking to me in the past. I know these are big issues and perhaps he does not feel like talking to anyone.

Can someone help offer some advice, as i love him alot and this is killing me!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

run quick...dump him!

2. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 12 years ago

Why are you messing around in another woman's mans pants in the first place?

....i just re-read 'ex-affair partner'...must be a new term i'm not up on

yeah...what are ya doin' messin' around?  it'll be a mess and keep getting messy; a mess ya should stayed out of in the first place

3. profile image49

yes i know im a horrible person! but i am worried about him because he has not otehr friends except me, and his family. And just want to know if it normal for someone going through these type of issues to retreat and not talk to anyone, or is he dissing me again!

4. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

I gotta ask, and had to think while I was reading this;  is this a joke?

5. profile image49

actually wish it was a joke, but it seriously is not!

6. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

There is something wrong with this picture. Why are you so concerned about him, when he certainly isn't concerned about you? You deserve better then this, I would recommend walking away and very quickly! If he has cheated on his wife and you are an affair, he would also cheat on you. sad

7. profile image49

Im concerned because im worried about him and i love him alot!

8. MelissaBarrett profile image57
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

Wow, cheating spouses and police involvement. AND restraining orders!

If he was into you, he wouldn't still be married.  If he was the kind of man that was worth anything he wouldn't have slept with you at all.

Take my advice, just stop dating for a while. When you realize that normal relationships don't involve the word affair, police, jail, or restraining orders then start dating again.

Until you realize that there is a whole world filled with relationships that are exciting enough based on common interests, joint new experiences, and compatibility then you will define a good relationship by how much drama occurs.

1. ikechiawazie profile image60
      ikechiawazieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@goldengirl88. If you say you love him, then respect him enough to allow him to call you if he needs you. Furthermore, have you thought of his wife; i dont think it would be fair to them if you mendle into their affairs even though your intentions are good.

2. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very sane and sensible advice Melissa, but unfortunately some people are just addicted to drama and don't think that a relationship is "real" unless it involves either physical violence, cheating or morbid jealousy. Preferably all three.

9. profile image49

Ikechiawazie, not really meddling in there affairs, just trying to be a friend to him, and would do this for anyone!  And hate the drama, its like a really bad soap opera! and yes would love a normal healthy happy relationship that is simple and nice.  i just going to leave it if he wants to call m,e fine, if not then i will be ok i hope.

thanks everyone

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you are concerned as you say, go to the police station and look at the (public record) police report of the last incident.  If he's not physically hurt, in hospital, or jail, leave it alone.  Let it go.  Love, or its imitators, can hurt. 

You'll discover something:  he'll miss you eventually or you'll discover a new world without him.  Good luck and keep your wits about you.

2. AshtonFirefly profile image70
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Please be careful. It sounds like you are deceiving yourself.
      If you were really just wanting to be his friend, there would be no sex or feelings involved. In the same sentence you said you wanted a relationship with no drama involved. Choosing to have an intimate encounter with a man who is married will cause drama. You can't avoid it. If you don't want drama, you have to choose a different man and a different situation.
      You say you feel like a terrible person for your actions; if you feel your actions are terrible, change them. Don't just say you feel like a terrible person because of your actions and make excuses.
      My family was destroyed by a situation like this. There are children invovled. This is a family you're talking about.

10. profile image49

Im sorry your family was destroyed by a situation like this, i personally think all the violence between him and her has done more damage to there familly unit then his cheating and my involvement.

But yeah the friendship thing is different, but i  think love is friendship on fire!

I guess it depends on the family and the parents because i grew up in a situation like this, but my parent stayed together and were miserable and i had a horrible childhood because of it. In the end it just ended with her hating him and vice versa. Trust me not a good model for a relationship for your children too grow up with, and is effecting us until this day with the type of relationships with the opposite sex  we get involved in.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image70
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can understand.
      But I still don't understand why, if you know you are contributing to pain, and you feel awful about what you're doing, you don't stop...
      Perhaps my pain speaks louder than my reason, but it just makes sense. Not pointing fingers.

11. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...stop making excuses for your actions...look, he would have told you about his relationship through his eyes at that time and of course would have made it look bad....
    that's what happens in affairs...and ya slept with him and kept sleeping with him...there was/is a family and you had no right to get involved.  and guess what you, you have no idea of what is really happening within that family and never will, because you are not part of it...you're on the outside

i do not have time for affairs...i do not have any...and I mean any sympathy for adulterers...either side of the coin

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

you mean "ex afafirs" 

sorry golden girl, I dont mean to be rude. But if he is your ex, there is a reason. I am sorry your in pain, but I would guess it is time to move on, and let him do the same. I know, easier said then done.

12. vintageglamour profile image60
    vintageglamourposted 12 years ago

this cannot be true

13. profile image49

everyone has a right to there opinion, and yeah fair enough about the adulerous comments! im not making excuses for my actions, but he was in a really emotional state last time i spoke with him, and you know what its not a hard thing for anyone to send a text, make a phone call and say you know what i dont want to talk, be your friends etc. show someone respect.
    yeah he did make it sound bad after the affair, which only lasted two days and then he told her and they separated, after this he lied and gave false impressions of there relationship etc, to both of us.  i honestly just think he is one confused individual.

oh fug...give me a break...cry me a river...get a life

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)