jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat

1. Seckin Esen profile image89
    Seckin Esenposted 3 years ago

Are you concerned about your daily calorie intake when choosing something to eat?

2. Bk42author profile image80
    Bk42authorposted 3 years ago

I'm not, but I do watch my weight. I'm a firm believer that simply eating healthy, staying active (I try to walk 2-3 miles a day) and having "fun" foods like sweets in moderation is the best way to maintain your weight. Then again, I've always had a good metabolism.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

No, I'm more concerned about the ingredients. The less there are, the better I feel about eating it. Calories from natural sources like fruit, vegetables and whole grains aren't really something to be concerned about. Calories from highly processed foods, loaded with chemicals, aren't good no matter how low the number is.

4. Ceegen profile image80
    Ceegenposted 3 years ago

I don't.

It isn't about what you eat, it's about getting up off your rear and doing something. You'll realize how out of shape you are if you try to run or jog just one-fourth of a mile, if you're not already in shape.

And even if a person has health problems that prevents them from doing intense or even moderate workouts, just doing some menial housework and/or stretching exercises can help.

There are fewer still who can't really do much no matter what, but those cases are usually rare. It is best to at least try, in any case.

1. bethperry profile image91
      bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good answer!

5. lisavanvorst profile image77
    lisavanvorstposted 3 years ago

No. Sure I should be, but I like to eat and my husband a former chef does all the cooking. So I just enjoy what he cooks and the fact that I hate to cook makes it even better.

6. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Absolutely, I look at every label, and count calories. I pretty much know what calories are in something now without look.

7. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

No, but I try to keep the carbs level down.

8. profile image0
    buddhaanalysisposted 3 years ago

I preface to concern about quantity than calorie.

9. Alexizer profile image60
    Alexizerposted 3 years ago

I agree with the quantity vs. calorie because it is easier to determine how much you eat than figuring out the sum of how many calories you consume.

10. mikejhca profile image92
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

When choosing something to eat I am not really concerned about my daily calorie intake when the food is healthy but I am when the food is unhealthy.  I am concerned when I am consuming empty calories. Food provides with with energy and nutrients.

I don't count the calories I am consuming but I try to limit the amount of high calorie junk foods and drinks I consume. Since I exercise a lot I need to consume a lot of healthy food. I consume a lot of calories but I try not to consume a lot of empty calories from things like pop.

working