jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What is you best advice on reconciling a marriage?

1. Diane Inside profile image88
    Diane Insideposted 4 years ago

When a marriage is being tested by distance and time, it weighs heavily on the two involved. 

One is feeling left behind and the other is just trying to provide. And feels like the other isnt helping.

I've read all kinds of things that says to give them some room and let them miss you.

And even go along with the break up, if it comes to that just to let them miss you.

Is this sound advice?

1. faisal alkhalefi profile image59
      faisal alkhalefiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

لا تغضب

Do not get angry

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 4 years ago

I'd disagree with that advice. I think it's more beneficial to create less distance between you rather than more. Take a few days away together and use it to talk openly and enjoy each other.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with both. Do not get angry and try to put yourself in the spouse's place. You could take up the age old art of letter writing. Instead of using the phone, write him or her a letter whenever you feel your missing them. Give them the letter when they return and allow them to read it in private. Don't expect anything in return and keep the letters upbeat a bit so you don't drag on the guilt of the other who is just trying provide.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Another in agreement here. Distance and time is a real test. Anger only makes things worse.