jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Who will be drafted #1 in the NFL Draft?

1. number2son profile image60
    number2sonposted 3 years ago

Also, what player will each team draft, and who do you think each team should draft?

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image85
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There are two stud offensive tackles in this draft, Luke Joeckel from Texas A&M and Eric Fisher, Central Michigan.

I think Joeckel will be taken as #1 in the draft by the Chiefs. Fisher won't last much longer, maybe until pick #4 for your very own Eagles.

I keeping hearing the Eagles are very likely to trade down and get more picks for #4. One thing is almost certain, we are going to see more trading up and down than ever before. The 49ers will definitely make some moves because they have too many picks.

I think my team the Steelers should take the tight end from Notre Dame, Tyler Eifert, with their first pick at #17. I just wrote a hub about who the Steelers should take in every round.

number2sonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I definitely see the two top offensive tackles going very high, if not both top 5.  I wonder why the Steelers should take a tight end...modeling after the Pats with multiple good tight ends to throw to maybe, as they already have Heath Miller....  We'll just have to see who trades up and who trades down.  Last year, the Redskins gave up almost every other draft pick they had just for the second overall pick, because they liked RG III so much.  I guess it worked out, as they made the playoffs, something that seemed unlikely heading into the season.  For me, I just hope that whoever my teams draft, end up being the good draft picks, and the busts end up with the teams I hate.

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image85
          BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nobody knows when Heath Miller will return after the knee injury.Tthe Steelers ran two-tight end formations about half the time last season. Their other tight ends are mediocre. Eifert can also be split out like he did at Notre Dame and is a vertical threat. Hence, reducing the need for a tall wide receiver to some extent. Also, Heath Miller is no spring chicken and his contract is going to be a problem in the future, much as James Harrison's just was.

Besides my idol Mel Kiper Jr. has Eifert as the Steelers pick. I love his hair and wear mine just like that. He should be doing the Head & Shoulders commercials instead of Troy, even though he is a Ratbird fan.

number2sonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You make some points about Heath Miller, and about how Eifert could be used.  I think that I (haha), and Troy, both have better hair than Kiper.  That's just my opinion though.

working