jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Who is your current favorite chess player ?

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image64
    GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago

My favorite is the 15 yr old Wesley So, the 7th youngest grandmaster ever and currently 92nd ranked in the world, he can dished out blind moves and can marshall his way on extracting wins over tough Grandmasters.

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I never kept up with these guys n gals but they are amazing. I taught my own sons how to play and yes, one of them is quite awesome too, lol lol

GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thats good. I'll give you this tip Ma'm, according to recent US studies and research, kids that plays chess has a better grades than those that doesnt play at all...

I will not be surprized if that happens since chess like Mathematics can improve psychomotor and logical reasoning.

Thanks for the post.

Encourage them to play even better but they need to have an exercise while doing it, (playing childs game would be also nice to them while playing chess, because chess is indeed tiring and requires mental toughness).... big_smile

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Boy, am I dating myself.  I didn't even realize there WAS anybody after Bobby Fischer.

GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow Bobby Fischer is a genius, man the only non-soviet world champion hehehehe.

Bobby is the bestfriend of one of the vaunted chesser here in the philippines- Eugene Torre, Asia's first ever grandmaster.

Thanks for the reply good ol' man.

working