ALPHA Males Required/Requested in Orlando

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

"Greek strategy: An alpha male must emerge in Orlando -- right?"

OK, let's count the selfish guys on the Magic roster in terms of assists/game:

Dwight Howard (1.4)

Rashard Lewis (2.6)

Are 2 alpha guys not enough?

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I found your post under the unanswered, so I thought I would post something.

First....last I checked, you are talking about Basketball.

Basketball is a TEAM sport. Whether or not, "alpha" males are on the team is odd, to say the least.

Almost all, professional athletes, are 'alpha' males, even the women. They think their money, status and job - makes them special, and the public eats it up. Because, in America, we pay homage to professional athletes who earn "HUGE" contracts and earn a wealth of money.

Making a professional Basketball TEAM is very difficult, because you need SELFLESS people, who want the same goal and are willing to do whatever is required to obtain that goal.

TEAM: a unit of people who work together and fight adversity head on and find success.

When you have an entire Team, like the Boston Celtics of recent, you have a bunch of "alpha" males compromising their rough exterior and showing they care, in order to Win a Championship Title.

If you want to blame someone, blame the COACH, because he is the one who has to deal with super-star players.

To draw an example: take a look at the Manager of the Boston Red Sox, he had has to deal with ultra-high paid players and WON 2 Championships in 5 years.

So, whatever you do....please blame the right person at least.