jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Will David Haye be remembered fondly?

1. S.Graveson profile image74
    S.Gravesonposted 6 years ago

A 2 weight world champion who unified 3 of the titles at Cruiserweight, though also a fighter that never fought on the biggest stage, never faced a top prime heavyweight and ran his mouth far more than he fought...

Will history remember him as the charismatic hard hitter or the man who promised a lot but never delivered?

1. profile image58
      druhepkinsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No he will not be remembered well---on this side of the world. Did he dominate the Cruiser Weight Division? Fair is fair----yes he did and he unified the belts. Blame the lack of organization and structure of boxing for who he hasn't fought. Fighters with names could step right into title fights avoiding many.

But David Haye stepped into to spark the Heavyweight division. Why not, there's no one there. This is the worst age of boxing for Heavyweights. There's only a few  Heavyweight standouts, and for whatever reason, those few won't even fight. He needs to understand that he needn't prolong the inevitable. He's no savior to boxing and no one gives a damn what he does if he isn't fighting a Klitchko. If he fights them and wins, or at least gives them a great fight, his legacy will be a little more respected.

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image91
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago

This time it was Klitchsko who refused to backup the delivery truck. He won't be retiring in October, BTW. Not permanently anyway.

He's delivered plenty as a cruiser and has time to deliver much more as a heavy.

S.Gravesonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like Wlad said he wanted a tune up and Hayes ego won't take it and it was Haye that didn't sign a contract that Wlad would have. He's promised October (I don't believe him either, in fact I believe little of what he says).

Did he really do a lot at Cruiserweight? Beating an old, unmotived, disinterested 35 year old Mormeck and a seemingly not very good Macca?

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Who? smile

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image91
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds a lot more like they had everything set up and Wlad said I think I want to take another easy payday before I risk getting beat by someone who can actually challenge me.

He dominated as a cruiser weight and the heavy weight division as been nothing but a collection of washed up has beens or never will bes for at least a decade. So it's not like Wladamir or anyone else has been impressing anyone with the quality of opponent they have beaten as a heavy weight.

S.Gravesonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did he dominate at Cruiser? Really?
          Their was Wlodacyzk and Cunningham, most importantly Cunningham, who was the IBF champion and ended 2007 as the #1 Ring Rated guy behind "champion" Haye.

Wlad has been beating top 10 ranked fighters for the past 5 years or so, including Byrd (#1 at the time), Chagaev (#3 at the time), Brock (#7 at the time), Ibragimov (#6 at the time). In fact of the Current Ring top 10 Wladimir has beaten #5 and #6...

working