Are You Following the Madness?

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 5 years ago

VCU's dream run ended tonight and Butler's dream run continues. Butler is on their way to play for the National  title after defeating upstart VCU 70-62
    The Bulldogs pulled away from the upstart Rams late and earned a return trip
    Shelvin Mack made sure Butler made it back to the national title game for a second consecutive year. His 24 points helped the Bulldogs continue on to the championship game that will be played Monday night
    Blue II of the Butler Bulldogs sits on the court as his team celebrates defeating the Virginia Commonwealth Rams

UConn  is trying to earn its first trip to the National Title game since 2004 when they beat George Tech, 82-73, for its second National Championship. And Kentucky last appeared in a NCAA Tournament finals game in 1998 when they defeated Utah 78-69.

Connecticut started the game by making four of its first five shots while Kentucky made two of its first eight.

Kentucky just pulled within 3 and there is under a minute to play. .   who is going to pull it out and meet Butler Monday night for the Championship game?

2. LakeShow T profile image82
    LakeShow Tposted 5 years ago

I was rooting for VCU as they were likely the biggest shocker to ever make the final four in the NCAA tournament. However, Butler's accomplishment may be even more amazing as they have reached the NCAA title game for the second straight year. It's remarkable because I believe the enrollment at Butler is less than or around 5,000 students which is a pretty small pool of people to select a basketball team from, especially compared to the perennial power programs like Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Kentucky, Connecticut, Ohio St., Florida, etc.. who always get all of the top high school recruits. What makes it even more impressive is that Butler lost their best player from last season, Gordon Hayward, who was the #9 pick in the NBA draft.

Even though they lost, I think Kentucky should also get some credit for making the final four after they lost an incredible 5 players to the 1st round of the NBA draft last season, including superstars like John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins.