jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Who else is going to boycott UFC if Ortiz Wins against Evans?

1. Sean Evans profile image82
    Sean Evansposted 5 years ago

I mean seriously Tito is fighting again.  I've been watching UFC since like UFC 2 and there is very few people I hate to watch.  Frank Abbot, Royce Gracie before Time cap was put on, Maynard, and sometimes Couture. Then there is Tito Oritz He has some of the most boring fights and worst wins. However you definitely have to love to hate him and give credit to the fact that he did have 5 title defenses.

Just when you start smiling and think he going to be gone forever he ends up pulling off a win where you say what the $*%#? Most notably is the fight again Wanderlei Silva.  Grr.... I still curse him for that.  Then again against Vito Belfor, and Forrest Griffen.  I remember that fight well cause I hit the table and said damn, and split my beer at the pub. 

Then shortly after he started losing.  I don't know how many but I know it was a lot.  He ended up getting a draw against Rashad which still seemed fixed to me.  Then loss, and loss again.  He was going to leave the UFC finally.  But, NOOOoooo..... He pulls off a win against Ryan Bader and because of him loosing we now have UFC 133 Ortiz vs Rashad tomorrow and I have to watch and put up with him again.

I guess that's what makes me love to hate him and why many like me will be watching.

2. jcmayer777 profile image81
    jcmayer777posted 5 years ago

My money is NOT on Ortiz.  That said, he was deducted a questionable point in the last fight with Evans.  With that point, he would have won.

I guess the topic is if I'd boycott the UFC if Ortiz beats Evans.  Of course not.  Without upsets, Fedor would be undefeated, BJ Penn would have destroyed Pulver in the first go-round, and Serra would have never won a world title.

It's fighting.  Upsets will always be a major part of the sport.  One lucky punch or last ditch submission effort could always get a fighter the win....it's a crazy sport.

Although I'm not picking Ortiz, I hope the old guy (35) pulls out the fight.  I like the underdog.

1. Daffy Duck profile image61
      Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I hope it ends up in a draw.  I don't like either one of them.  If one has to win  I hope Evans beats the hell out of him.  Maybe then Ortiz will retire for good.

3. jcmayer777 profile image81
    jcmayer777posted 5 years ago

One more thing we wouldn't have without upsets is the legend of Royce Gracie.  Nobody gave that skinny, weak 170 pounder a shot to pull of the win over Shamrock in UFC 1.

1. Sean Evans profile image82
      Sean Evansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I forgot all about the lucky Serra title win.  Grr.....

Still though Oritiz should stick to coaching or at least stay off the as the main event.