jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why do Martial Arts fighter make way less than boxers

1. spkanu profile image59
    spkanuposted 5 years ago

I believe that the sport is just as popular as boxing, gets an audience just the same, the fights are more tougher than boxing and fights are hard to fix, so why boxers make more?

2. Rain Defence profile image97
    Rain Defenceposted 4 years ago

Boxing is a martial art so saying boxers make less than martial artists doesn't really make sense,

1. Colten Garrett profile image59
      Colten Garrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It depiends on what martial art your asking about, I do Ninjutsu and we do not believe in fighting.

3. The Suburban Poet profile image81
    The Suburban Poetposted 4 years ago

This is more of an opinion but I think boxing may have developed its initial popularity from the school yard type fights. If you can believe it there is a bit of a "gentleman's agreement" about it. It's almost like a duel. It's done in a prescribed fashion. Anyway over the years boxing became a very popular sport that caught the imagination of the public with boxers such as John L. Sullivan, Jim Corbett, Jack Dempsey, Jack Johnson and later you had Joe Lewis, Rocky Marciano and Muhammed Ali. And these are just the heavyweights. Sugar Ray Robinson was a great middle-weight fighter. They call boxing the "Sweet Science" and I think the fact that it is not an all out brawl (though there are fights like that obviously) but almost like a chess match at times is what intrigues the public. Boxing has a long colorful legacy in America and what the other martial arts sports need is time and the development of heros and public-interest stories....