14 Best Homemade Acne Treatments
More about acne
What Pimples on Different Parts of Your Face and Body Mean - what your body tries to say you with those pimples.
Why You Get Pimples on Your Butt and What It Means - why butt-ne happens and what to do about it.
5 Main Causes of Acne Breakouts and Pimples - learn what causes constant acne problems and how to fight it.
6 Easy Ways to Prevent Forehead Acne - six secrets to clear skin on your forehead.
How to Apply Clean Makeup to Prevent Acne - how to choose the right kind of makeup and how to apply it.
Acne is a common problem for a lot of people. But you don't have to buy expensive products to get rid of it. Check out our list of the best acne homemade treatments, and create a natural treatment for healthier skin in the convenience of your own home.
The reason for acne lies in too active work of sebaceous glands. And the most affected areas usually are the ones that have a high number of sebaceous follicles: the face, back, and upper part of the chest. This can happen as a result of extreme hormonal changes. It also appears when proper hygiene is not being observed.
Listed below are some of the best homemade acne treatments that will help you keep acne at bay without spending a fortune on different treatments and procedures.
1. Oatmeal and Yogurt: Mix a tablespoon of oatmeal with one and half tablespoon of yogurt, apply the mixture to the affected area and let it dry. In some time wash it off with warm water and apply moisturizer.
2. Honey and Cinnamon: Mix honey with cinnamon and apply it to the affected area before going to bed. As you wake up in the morning, wash your face with warm water. It not only will help to reduce the redness and speed up the healing process, but will leaves your face feeling and looking smoother.
3. Aloe Vera: A certified ingredient that plays a major role in most homemade remedies for various skin and health conditions, fresh aloe Vera gel is extracted from the fresh plant. But you can buy aloe Vera from the store as well. Apply it to the affected area, leave for some time and wash it off.
4. Garlic: We all know that garlic is a great antiseptic (that's why it's highly recommended to those having a cold or flu), but it can also use its antiseptic features to help with acne problems. Cut fresh garlic and rub it on the parts of your body with pimples. It will kill and dry out the acne.
5. Lavender Oil: This is a very simple process which involves applying the lavender oil on the affected part of your skin. Continuous use of the oil will help you fight acne on your face, back and upper chest.
6. Sugar: If you want to get rid of acne don't eat sugar. Instead mix one tablespoon of white sugar with two tablespoons of brown sugar. Drop in a little water and rub the paste on the affected area. Leave for a couple of hours and rinse off with warm water. It works very well in getting rid of acne and leaving you with a fresh and smooth skin.
7. Mint: Extract fresh mint juice and apply it on your face before going to bed.Rinse off the next morning. Repeat this process daily and you'll see results very quickly.
8. Egg Whites: Break an egg, separate the whites from the yolk and apply it on your face, back or upper chest, depending on where you have the acne. Leave it for about 20 minutes and wash off with warm water. Apply your moisturizer and you are good to go.
9. Raw Potato: The best type of potato to use for this treatment is an organic white potato. Slice the raw potato and place the slices on those areas where you have acne. It works by minimizing the swelling and inflammation associated with acne breakouts.
10. Ground Orange Peel: Just like the raw potato, organic orange works miracles. After grounding the peel, apply it to the affected areas to reduce acne breakouts and also soothe the skin.
Best natural acne treatments
11. Lemon Juice and Rose Water: Mix equal quantities of lemon juice and rose water. Apply to the affected skin area and leave for about 30 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
12. Baking Soda: Apply mixture of baking soda with some water to the affected skin area before going to bed. In the morning, rinse it off with warm water. It will help to keep the acne away from your skin.
13. Turmeric Powder and Mint: Mix equal proportions of mint and turmeric powder together and apply to your face, back or chest area. Leave for about 30 minutes and wash off with warm water.
14. Tomato and Cucumber: Applying slices of fresh tomato and cucumber to your face on a daily basis will not only help get rid of acne, but will leave your skin smooth and free from acne scars. It is also a great natural anti aging treatment.
Before we are done, check out 5 more natural ways to get rid of acne and breakouts.
In order to make the most of these best homemade acne treatments, you should also follow healthy eating habits. Forget about processed foods and stick to organic fruits and vegetables. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water as this keeps your skin hydrated and leaves no room for acne breakouts.
Check out another effective DIY acne treatment
More by this Author
Natural ways to get rid of acne and breakouts.
What causes and how to treat white pimple on eyelid.
What pimples on buttocks mean, how to get rid of them, and how to prevent them.