How to Smell Great All Day
Have Good Scents!
We all love to smell great. Some of us WAY overdue it with the body sprays and perfumes, but still, we all love to smell great don't we?
The problem seems to be that even with a high test perfume, the scent lingers for but a short amount of time and then we are left either re-spritzing ourselves, or hoping our natural scent will be enough.
Making Scent Last All Day
- The trick to keep your signature scent all day long is to begin by exfoliating your skin. Fragrance isn't going to absorb well if you have an overabundance of dead skin cells. Once a week for a thorough exfoliation should do. Use the honey/sugar scrub, add a bit of lemon too during the summer for a refreshing, astringent effect.
- Put lotion on first. Putting matching fragrance lotion on, or even unscented lotion on will allow your fragrance to soak into your skin and will last a lot longer than if it's put on dry skin.
- Layer your scent. Matching scented lotion, scented body spray, then perfume will give you layers of scent that will last for an extremely long time. Just make sure you don't overdo it. Body spray is for your body, yes, but just a few spritzes will do.
- Put perfume behind your ears, where you can feel a heartbeat, on your neck on your carotid arteries, and on the inside of your elbows. Just a tiny little bit. Your skin is warmer at your pulse points so your scent will be more noticeable. You won't have to use as much and those areas are typically better moisturized than the rest of your body, so the scent will last longer.
- Keep your perfume in the refrigerator. It will keep the scent pure longer, so it will last longer and perform better for you that way.
If you follow these tips, then your scent should last well into the evening,
so you won't need to carry it around with you to constantly reapply.
How Much Scent to Apply
For a good rule in regard to how much fragrance to wear, no one should be able to smell it unless they are very close to you. If someone from several feet away from you makes a comment about how good you smell, then know for certain you are wearing too much. Think of that luscious signature scent of yours to be a secret for close friends or family to enjoy when they hug you, not the whole room. You aren't an air freshener after all.
More by this Author
The Cayenne is a red hot chili pepper, also known as capsicum. The origin of the word Capsicum is somewhat a mystery. It's assumed to be derived from the Greek word "kapto", which means to bite. True to...
Ginger is at the top of the list in history and sympathetic magic as helping to increase lustful yearnings and increase sex drive! It stimulates sexual performance in both men and women, and aids in the feelings of...
Who would think that you could help cure a low sex drive with coriander? Of course you should always consult your physician if you have any on going sexual dysfunction, but coriander can be a quick fix. It's natural...