Nail Polish For Men | A Basic How To Guide
Men who wear lingerie often end up experimenting with other elements of so called “women's fashions.” Perhaps out of a desire to further explore their feminine sides, perhaps out of pure curiosity, perhaps because once a man tries the forbidden fruit, he sometimes finds it hard to stop. (Now men know how Eve felt in the garden of Eden.)
Men often aren't 'taught' to use nail
polish the way women are. Women are exposed to it by their mothers,
older sisters and friends. Men only see the final results, so how
they got there can be a bit of a mystery. Fear not though chaps, I am now going to reveal the secrets unto you.
I'll probably write a few articles on
this subject, so let us start with the very very basics this time.
If you're a man trying out nail polish for the first time, it is probably best to invest in some clear nail polish. Clear nail polish will be fairly unobtrusive, so you won't catch hell from your buddies down at the bar or in the boardroom, it won't stain your clothing too obviously, and if you mess up, it doesn't look so bad.
In addition to the clear nail polish you will also need some acetone (nail polish remover), some cotton buds and some cotton pads. A cotton bud soaked in acetone should be at the ready when you are putting nail polish on, as unsteady hands can cause tremors which result in the painting of your fingers and the surrounding area. (You should also learn to file and shape your nails, but that is another hub.)
- Start out the process of polishing your fingernails by dipping the brush into the nail polish and gently pressing it against the side of the nail polish bottle to rid the brush of excess polish. You don't want to be daubing great blobs of the stuff on your fingernails. The brush should be full of polish, but not to the point where it is bulging or dripping.
- Next, gently smooth the brush over your nail from just above the cuticle to the tip. Do this in one slow stroke, and repeat until your nail is covered.
- When your nail is covered, move onto the next one. You'll find the first hand relatively easy, but the second hand requires you to undertake the process with your non dominant hand, so get ready to take your time and get some practice under your belt.
- When the first coat is on, leave it to
dry for 5 – 10 minutes, then apply a second coat. This is more
important in the case of colored polishes, but it is good practice
with clear polish too. ( A hair dryer can help with the drying process.)
- If you get lumps, globs, or streaks, take a cotton pad with a little acetone soaked into it, wipe the polish off and start again. It is always awkward when you first start wearing nail polish, but soon becomes second nature.
Et voila! Another 10 or so minutes drying time and you are done. Take the cotton bud dipped in acetone and tidy up around your cuticles and the edges of your nails.
More by this Author
When the issue of men wearing lingerie is discussed, there are two often heard counterpoints, or slurs that are thrown in the direction of such men. One of these is that the man in questions must be gay. This issue has...
If you've decided to become a Man in Panties, congratulations. It's a big step, and one you should be proud of. Now that you've decided to wear the panties, it's really time to learn about them. Women's underwear is a...
So dirty, how to make it clean again? If you're anything like me, when you started out your new hobby life as an aquarist, you bought a second hand fish tank. Second hand fish tanks, assuming they don't leak,...