oceansnsunsets profile image 88

What is the best cream or ointment for healing scarred facial skin after surgery?

After having basal cell cancer removed from the lip area, what would you recommend to a person that is trying to help aid in the healing process? There were four layers taken to get the cancer, and some possible scarring is likely to happen. Is there a good aloe or vitamin E cream or ointment that you can recommend? Or something totally different from that? I am speaking of after the main scar is healed and for the weeks after where its doing the long term healing. I know up until then, its Dr.'s orders. Thank you!

Peter Grujic profile image85

Peter Alexander (Peter Grujic) says

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 16 months ago

Thanks Peter, for your answer. Those are some great tips to try.

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 16 months ago

I have never heard of bio oil, and will have to look for it. I love using natural vitamins and minerals or herbs. I will look up the bio oil and remember about gently massaging the area. Yes, for now, I am following doctors orders totally.

Faceless39 profile image92

Faceless39 says

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 16 months ago

Thank you so much, I will look into maybe getting some shea butter. I hadn't thought of that for scars!

brutishspoon profile image63

Amy (brutishspoon) says

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 16 months ago

I am a huge fan of aloe vera and natural products. I may try to get a hold of some higher percentage pure aloe vera gel. Thank you for the comment.

nurturele profile image62

nurturele says

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 16 months ago

Wow, I am a big fan of herbal remedies. I had no idea about the healing properties of comfrey. Thank you so much for sharing. That is excellent news for the both of you, wow.

0

Anastasia Rokina says

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 16 months ago

Thank you, Anastasia.