Safety practices for operating Milling Machine
The following are the safety practices for operating milling machine.
- Be sure to keep your fingers clear of the arbors bearing when setting the support arm in position.
- Keep hands and arms away from revolving cutters. Never reach over a revolving arbor to make an adjustment.
- Don’t check work or measure work while the cutter is revolving. Shut the machine off first.
- Do not lift heavy machine attachments alone. The same applies to heavy pieces of work. Ask some one to help you, or use a crane.
- Never permit another [person to start or stop the machine for you. Do it yourself some one to slip and fall.
- Wear snugly fitting clothing. Loose garments, flapping ties, or long sleeves are easily caught in moving mach9inery.
Remember, “A moment’s thought may prevent hour of pain” you have eight fingers and two thumbs. Keep them.
- Size of Universal Milling Machine
The size of universal milling machine is designated by the dimensions of the working surface of the table audits maximum length of longitudinal cross and vertical travel of the table. The following are the...
More by this Author
The means through which data is transformed from one place to another is called transmission or communication media. There are two categories of transmission media used in computer communications. BOUNDED/GUIDED...
The attachment and standard or special auxiliary devices intended to be fastened to or joined with one or more components of the milling for the purpose of augmenting the range, versatility, productivity or accuracy of...
The principle parts of milling machine are given: Base The base of the machine is Grey iron casting accurately machined on its top and bottom surface and serves as a foundation member for all the other parts which...
No comments yet.