NathaNater profile image 90

What is bounce rate?

I understand that if you have a high bounce rate on your site, HubPage included, then the value/rank of your site goes down. The only explanation for bounce rate I've read is that it is when a visitor hits the back button, supposedly meaning they are leaving your site quickly. But I'm finding it difficult to understand this as a measurement for the value of your site. What if they spent much time on one of your articles, then hit the back button? They found value in that article. Also, if you link articles in your one site, they check out one then hit the back button to get back to original.

safiq ali patel profile image71

safiq ali patel says

• NathaNater profile image

NathaNater 3 years ago

Great answer and it clarified it for me. So you want to engage the reader on multiple pages, it seems. If it's not happening, then they essentially are not interesting and so it's back to the drawing board. Seems linking pages becomes important.