jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Something STRANGE happening at Snipsly

1. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

I am currently bookmarking all of my hubs at Snipsly, I just find it an easy way for a dofollow backlink... albeit a very low value one. They all count at least a little.

When starting about 10 hours ago there were 96000 posts on the site. There are now 107000.

That is crazy, I can't explain it, can anybody else? Has the site suddenly taken off in a huge way or is somebody using some sort of ripping software to take advantage of the weekend (when no staff would be present).

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That much of an increase in Posts does sound a little too high for the weekend.

2. lrohner profile image83
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mr. Kett, I do believe it's time for you have a cocktail or two. smile

1. 0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To be honest I find backlinking so mundane and boring that I would rather get the suffering over and done with!

3. Uzdawi profile image35
      Uzdawiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are "only" 101,920 Posts  on snipsly so far, not 107000, still over 5000 posts in 10 hours, seems unlikely..

1. 0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well the bit that you were using now says 102,014

96 posts in 10 minutes... that is fast growth...

I was using this bit...

4. Garrett Mickley profile image80
      Garrett Mickleyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You started talking about it on Hubpages and it took off!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

Mr. Ryankett, how many can you post there per day?

3. 0

4. 0

1. 0

Over 109,000 now!

What the F is going on?!?

1. 2uesday profile image87
        2uesdayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

On my account page I can see a new post by 'camcordersales' if you look on their home page/profile they now have 13,449 posts last night I wrote down the number they had when I read this and it was 9317. I posted about it here last night but deleted as I was not sure I understood it correctly, I am new to Snipsly.

I know people are keen to get back-links but that must be a record.

1. 59
          ksarge105posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I work for Snipsly and I saw this forum post come up on my google reader.  I wanted to clear up the situation for you guys.  2uesday, you  hit the nail on the head.  Camcordersales is a bot/spammer that posted a ridiculous number of articles within about 24 hours.  It has since been banned and we are currently in the process of erasing all traces of it/its posts from the site.  We'll be implementing a captcha in the coming days to avoid having that happen again.  Snipsly's growing, but not quite to that point yet! smile