jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What free software can I use to make Apps for smartphones? (Pc Vista)

1. Cheeky Girl profile image85
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

I am looking around for free open source software / freeware that will let me create Apps for Android or Apple iPhones / iPads. Can you help suggest anything? What do you use? And is it any good?

1. isyan profile image60
      isyanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

here's what you're looking for..

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/smar … 108fb.html

hope it helps.. smile

2. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Android has free SDK. Download Android SDK for specific platform and begin coding your apps. I suggest you to join developer forums. AFAIK there is no os/free tool for iphone.

3. Cheeky Girl profile image85
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

Wow, result! Thank you folks! That has been a help to me. The Google  App creator looks very interesting. Can't wait to try it. Why the hell doesn't someone make an open source App creator for the Apple App market? You would think there ought to be a market for such a thing. Well, I am wiser here thanks to you all! Cheers! I'll check in from time to time.

1. Affiliate Reviews profile image59
      Affiliate Reviewsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Cassy, Apple does have one... You have to pretty much be using a mac though for the SDK tool kit. The files will not open even with the DMG extractor.

Also, When you are using the Google app creator, there are glitches if you are using firefox as your browser. You will need to switch to chrome to jump that little hurdle. smile

The open source software out there is cool but you may want to really think about learning c++ . Open source is cool and free but this no customer support with OS. You will have to get into some tech forums if you use OS.

There are guides on c++ you may find helpful.

I can not post the site in this forum due to Hub rules that I will respect.

4. Mikas007 profile image61
    Mikas007posted 6 years ago

Does the Google App Inventor work already? I can't find where I could access it?

5. jossecarr profile image61
    jossecarrposted 6 years ago

Hosted virtual PBX system has included free iphone app that allow users to send and receive online fax documents.

6. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 6 years ago

I'd also take a look at the official SDKs and see where that leads you...