jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Is Weebly a reliable host service for a domain?

1. 0
    BenjaminBposted 6 years ago

I like the simplicity of Weebly for a newb like me for building a website,but will they be a reliable host? Does anyone have any domains being hosted there,NOT SUB DOMAINS but actual domains.

2. Appletreedeals profile image84
    Appletreedealsposted 6 years ago

@BenjaminB - A short non-answer

I use weebly for free sites, but not as a host - they are way more expensive than many other choices.

But if their site builder is one you can comfortably use, then the extra expense may be worth it to you until you get some experience under your belt.

Wordpress is a very popular and flexible site program. You can build free wordpress sites at wordpress.com, to get some experience, then get the wordpress program free and host it somewhere else for as little $3 month.

1. 0
      BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interesting I had never considered wordpress,but come to think of it have seen many websites based on their platform.

Thanks for some more food for thought Apple.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I personally use hostgator - as a newbie I find they have very good pricing, good instant chat support and easy to understand layout.

1. 0

Thanks for the recommendation WryLilt,I will have to check them out during my decision process.

Do you feel they have reliable up time and page load speeds?

4. twentyfive profile image80
    twentyfiveposted 6 years ago

I use Wordpress under Hostmonster. It's cheaper than the others. I got the domain under Hostmonster and use the Wordpress platform from their feautures. Wordpress is so easy and very good to SEO

1. 0

Will keep that in mind twentfive,thats 2 votes for wordpress!

5. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

You are using wordpress, when using weebly.

Weebly Pro is probably the worst popular deal out there.

the comments here discuss weebly - http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-WebSite-Ho … -beginners