Any hubbers making $2000-3000/month?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (31 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 13 years ago

I read the success stories, but are there any hubbers that make 1000s on here? Curious on ones potential.\

I know "some" successful full-time affiliates make 1000s from adsense, but any exclusive to hubpages?

1. warchild75 profile image65
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i believe there are around 5 or so that make $2000 or more but is quite rare,what is good is that it seems there are quite a few who hit $1000 and that would suit me fine!!

David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah man, 1000 a month would suit me too.

Some people may say 1000 is not a lot per month in general, however, if its earned passively that's very good!

Of course, there are other opportunities for adsense. I would like to create a website eventually, but I think I might wait a bit until I get some concepts, and more knowledge.

I am thinking about using sitebuildit. Its expensive, however, its a host, domain, and CMS. They also help you get traffic.

This lady is an expert on adsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTHc5wB-u8w

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi David,

Is there any reason in particular why you wouldn't just buy your own domain and hosting, and use Wordpress? Or perhaps Joomla, which is a free CMS with some great open source plugins.

As an example, Bluehost costs me about $50 a year. I host 6 websites on there. My domains cost $10 each, that is $110 a year. Wordpress or Joomla installs can be done in a few clicks, free of charge.

Is there anything which SiteSell can do, which Wordpress cannot? There are hundreds of thousands of free plugins for Wordpress, which effectively provide you with the tools to turn your website into whatever you want it to be.

I could imagine that you would risk purchasing a CMS which at some point in the future ceases to exist, which would result in support systems dissapearing, and your website failing to embrace further innovations. Whether that is web 3.0, web 4.0, web 5.0.

Ry.

Well, I am a bit apprehensive on what domains, hosts, and CMS to use. Originally, I was going to use godaddy domains, but many people say godaddy is not that great.

I feel as it will be easier to find an all-in-one package (that has a relatively good reputation) that offers hosting, domain, and CMS.

Wordpress has crossed my mind, but I am not really sure how anything works with it. Would wordpress be good for a beginner like me?

I just want to get started making a lot of content, and start testing some niches with a host, domain, and CMS that I can trust. (and use with relative ease)

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
              Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Buy your domains at godaddy, use hostgator as your host and - yes - use wordpress. I have written a step by step here:

http://markpknowles.com/how-to-make-money-blogging/

Everything you need to know. Make your own sites and use them in conjunction with hubpages. I make good money at hubpages but recommend using your own sites as well - watch out for my  entry in the current hubpages personal finance competition. You may be surprised at how much money you can make here. big_smile

1. GmaGoldie profile image80
                GmaGoldieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark,

That is a great resource - complete with costs and websites and potential income - very well done!

2. thisisoli profile image77
              thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

GoDaddy for domains, hostgator for hosting, wordpress for cms tongue

Hostgator will include a domain in your package as well, so you will only need GoDaddy for future purposes.

3. Spacey Gracey profile image39
              Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi David - bit late jumping on the thread but wanted to say I got advised by a few hubbers (Ryan included I think) to get my own domain, hosting and use Wordpress. I was pretty apprehensive as I have only used CMS to build sites before. I started it just after Christmas and now have a pretty good looking website and am finding it really easy to tweak it and add content.

Good luck.

2. thisisoli profile image77
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey,

I am not so sure how much of an expert she is, I think she is just very effective at attracting sales through youtube.

There are plenty of people out there selling website packages which you could set up yourself for much, much less.

2. iamalegend profile image60
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i'm not there yet. But i'll make it one day.(may be after 5 or 6 years)

2. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

I'm working on it. If I didn't think it had that potential and more, I'd be pursuing something else. HP is only one tool.

Hubpages owns smile

1. ChuckHuckaby profile image39
        ChuckHuckabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From some of the success stories of people earning the most $1500 I recall, Hub Pages was only part of their income stream. I think she said one third.
        I think Hub Pages become a way for some people to get more online work, revenue, etc.

3. brandonhart100 profile image76
    brandonhart100posted 13 years ago

Why not?

Personally, I believe that those who are making the most money are most likely keeping their mouths shut about it.  I don't really blame them smile.

There is no reason why someone couldn't make 5-10,000/month on average here with the right strategy over a long period of time.

4. relache profile image67
    relacheposted 13 years ago

5% of the respondents who have taken the earnings poll I put up have reported $1000 or more per month, out of about 300 participants so far.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hu … od_1969509

1. Article Magick profile image59
      Article Magickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting relache - I guess it's about right as well, with one or two claiming more than they are earning and others staying in the shadows while raking in a few thousand a month.
      When you consider that 95% of people online don't make a cent, despite trying all sorts, it's a good indication of the power of HubPages in terms of natural SEO and other factors that allow the average Joe or Josephine to set up an account and start to earn within weeks, months..;-)

5. Singular Investor profile image71
    Singular Investorposted 13 years ago

FWIW - someone I know has around 65 hubs and makes $250 from Adsense a month so if he had 4 times as many hubs he might get over $1000 a month - takes time though

That sounds really good for only $250.

EDIT: I mean for only 65 hubs.

6. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Wordpress is very easy to learn CMS in comparison to joomla,drupal and mambo. Try using wordpress software by opening account on wordpress.com, you'll learn things quickly this way before investing money on hosting. 

It's very easy to cloak affiliate URL's with wordpress. It's very easy to add amazon products on wordpress blog posts. There are tons of wordpress plugins that allow you to monetize wordpress using adsense, amazon and other ad networks. Wordpress has some adsense ready themes which you can use if you want aggressive ad placement on your sites/blogs. Wordpress is perfect CMS for monetization, content marketing in comparison to most of the CMS out there.

Is this wordpress.com or wordpress.org as i have heard they are quite different

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

.org

Thank you for clarifying mark!smile

7. Thriller profile image59
    Thrillerposted 13 years ago

Well I have progressed from pennies to dollars on HP...so that's good progress for me smile But the only real way to make serious money online is through self-hosted blogs. No two ways about that. I feel there are a lot of limitations on sites like HP and Squidoo when it comes to affiliate links. You just need your own home on the net.

Limitations, perhaps....Potential? Yes.

Yeah, I have gone to pennies to dollars. Actually, I sort of went from nothing some-days, to something every day.. smile

I just need to hit (double digit income). I never hit 10 dollars yet. Came very close though, about $8.50 or something.

8. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

And yes some hubbers do make $1000+ monthly smile

9. Mikeydoes profile image45
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

With Adsense and Amazon, I plan on making that much on hubpages ASAP. It is more than achievable... For everyone.

I've made over $100 to this point this month. And am so upset I don't have 40,000 hubs.

10. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I think a better question would be HOW.

If you look at the hubs of those who say they do well, most of them are strongly focused on products and how-to's.  That's where I make most of my off-HP advertising related money, too.

Obviously the success of specific articles depends primarily on search engine traffic. If your targets aren't in the first page of Google, your income opportunities are cut sharply. That's basic, and so is the obvious point that being number one for a search nobody makes is also not going to net you much.

You spend your time on research, writing and promotion. Different people put different emphasis on each factor, probably because one or the other is more enjoyable for them. I simply like to write, someone else may love keyword research and another may prefer aggressive SEO techniques. Some super achievers do all of it well.  Those are the folks to emulate.

11. thisisoli profile image77
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

How to guides are a great way to get traffic and make sales, if you think about it if someone searches for a how to article, and then sees a kit on Amazon that has everything you need to do it - cheap, then they will probably buy it.

I bought the domain latesthowtoguide.com jsut for those keywords a few years back, and have slowly been developing it jsut because it contains those three keywords.  My focus is on other projects righht now, but when things level off that will definitely be my next 'big target'.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)