jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Help Need to get the home page of website in order

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I just started a website and my home page is in a mess. The website is <snipped>. Can you help me get it in order. You can check my website address in my profile page.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's not very clear. We have no idea what you have in mind. Do you need coding help? Text help? Theme troubles? Plugin guides?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you tried using wordpress?...you can get some great themes and it doesn't have to look like a blog.

1. WryLilt profile image86

...that is a wordpress theme.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought to check after I posted smile

2. cre8tive profile image81
    cre8tiveposted 5 years ago

Hi Sid

I don't think it looks too bad, but I think you have to be very careful with saying that home remedies 'have no side effects' which you say in para 1 - especially as you then contradict yourself in para 5 and say they have hardly any side effects.

Is this an information site, a selling site, a forum? - can't really help you get where you want to be without knowing where that is.

3. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

First of all I need to get rid of the date near the post heading which says May 5 whereas I posted it today. Next, just below the calendar on the right and below the article there are things which are invisible due to light color. Also I want the comment box to be visible.

1. thisisoli profile image57
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For this amount of work you either need to research CSS and php, or hire a coder.

The answer you seek will be specific to your coding, and it is probably too much work for anyone to do for free. (I get on average $3000 for wordpress theme redesigns, and I dont even make the images).

2. WryLilt profile image86

Sid, this is where Google comes in as your best friend. Hubbers like to help, but we just don't have the time to walk you through the whole process of site building.

Try Googling things like "Remove date from comments" - nearly every question you will ask has been asked (and answered) before.

working