jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Responsible Use of Social Networking Sites

1. yui lockhart profile image61
    yui lockhartposted 4 years ago

Hello fellow hubbers! I came up with this idea of campaigning for the responsible use of social networking sites. As we can see in our society today, the use of these sites has been vital for our daily lives. It helps us a lot when it comes to our social activities, and it makes our life more easier than before. More often than not, we use these said sites to update ourselves with our friends and vice versa. But have we thought that Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and the like have been irresponsibly used by most of the users? Here are some reasons for this

-Some people tend to use it to spy on others
    -It can be used as a medium for your 1 minute fame
    -You can really make fake accounts and fool others
    -Cyber bullying is a plus,.
    -And it can be really unhealthy for a person.

Since some have wrote about the disadvantages and also the advantages of these, I think and I would greatly suggest that as a writer, we should write about the responsible use of these social media.

Share the idea guys!

Kindly write a hub on this and share it with the readers! smile

2. Alecia Murphy profile image90
    Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago

I think this is a good idea. Bots are a growing problem as are businesses, multiple account users, and anonymous bullies. I'm not sure how to go about it but I'll start thinking on it.

yui lockhartposted 4 years ago in reply to this

thanks alecia! Will be looking forward to it. smile

3. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

As far as I am concerned, if you want to use these services you use them, in full awareness of what they entail. I don't think we need yet another layer of policing by the politically correct to make our lives even more miserable.

yui lockhartposted 4 years ago in reply to this

yes, and I already thought of that. But come to think of it, some are really irresponsible about their posts. I have been using these sites for years now and I have seen the difference. I have been online for plenty of hours a day, and yet I've seen this problem. If every user is responsible for using these social networking sites, our lives would be much better. Not everyone is as responsible as me or you. Thanks for the feedback. smile

4. forhirejobs profile image61
    forhirejobsposted 4 years ago

The unfortunate thing there are always loop holes or another technology/platform built or created to circumvent the checks and balances in place.

5. yui lockhart profile image61
    yui lockhartposted 4 years ago

This is the hub I made for this topic, I am looking forward to read your hubs as well! http://yuilockhart.hubpages.com/hub/Res … Sites?done