10 Reasons Buying a Kindle is a Good Idea
1. The first reason you should consider buying a Kindle (Amazon's version) or Nook (Barnes and Noble's version), is that it is extremely convenient. Maybe you can fit one book in your purse or briefcase, but I'm not so sure about an entire library. With the Kindle (I will from this point on use the term "Kindle" instead of re-mentioning the Nook over and over) you can carry with you a collection of books: your favorites, books you plan to read, books you keep for quotes, even the Bible. This is quite handy believe it or not.
2. It's crazy enough that something so small could hold such extraordinary information, but it's also extremely lightweight. You don't even have to rest it on your lap as with some heavy books. Mostly the lightweight characteristic comes in handy with carrying as #1 though.
3. It has instant access to the internet! That's possibly one of the most amazing feats right there. Any book you could possibly dream of having right at your fingertips. There are seemingly endless search options.
4. Because you are constantly connected to the internet, you don't ever have to wait on a book to be delivered to you. Amazing right?? I don't know about you, but it drives me insane waiting on things to be delivered. Plus this means no shipping and handling!
5. If you don't order books as mentioned in #4, then more than likely, you prefer to shop at the book store. Well in that case, you save gas money on your trip to the store!
6. It's extremely simple to use.
7. You may or may not surprise you, but in most cases, ebooks are very much cheaper than their paper-filled friends. You're saving money, yet again!
8. It may not seem like much, but it is much much better for the environment to purchase an e-book. Every time you buy a paperback or hardback text, you're buying part of a tree. And potentially this book could one day be left in a landfill. If everyone quit buying paper-filled books and began reading e-books, MILES of rain forest would be saved.
9. When I was a child, I was amazed to learn about reading things online, so I know if my parents would have introduced me to something like the Kindle, I would have been much more eager to learn and read.
10. Finally, basically this one's a summary, after learning about all the convenience, money-saving, environmental helpfulness (wow that's a mouthful!) and technological inspiration, it's hard to say no to such a device, especially since it's so available and there are several different versions, even a couple outside the Kindle and Nook. It's easy to find the one that's perfect for you.
I would highly recommend this new technology to everyone who desires to read, or even is required to do so. (yes, there are textbooks available in ebook and PDF file formats)
How many books do you read on average per year?See results without voting
Just a quick side-note, there are many things that a Kindle offers you that you might worry about when converting from paper. It's extremely simple to mark pages and leave "bookmarks." Also, with most e-books, you can select which chapter in which you'd like to begin reading. Pretty awesome, yes?... I was hoping you'd think so.
More by this Author
1. One of the most important things to learn in college is time management. I know it probably seems that everyone is preaching this, but trust me. This is the EASIEST way to be successful. I have to say one of the...
From past experiences of building a dye-sensitized solar cell, I have to say that there are several important things to note when considering the creation process. The first step to the experiment is the collection of...
All of us lie sometimes, but how many of us feel guilty or wonder whether we did the right thing? Overall, most people agree that lying is a bad thing, but then again, who even decided what lying is? A...