Best Places to take your Kids in Bangalore, India
Where is Bangalore?
Bangalore is a beautiful city of Karnataka in the southern part of India. It is also known as Bengaluru, which was named recently. Bangalore is the capital city of Karnataka State and with a salubrious climate as it is situated at an altitude of 949 meters (3113 ft.) above sea level.
History of Bangalore
It is said Bangalore got its name from the words “Bendha KaaLu” (which means boiled beans in the local language Kannada). During the period of Vijayanagara empire, when King Veeraballala on his way in the forest he was once tired and hungry and stumbled upon a lonely cottage of an old woman. She saw him in need of food and served him with boiled beans which is locally called “Bendha kaaLu”. The King called that place as “Bendha kaaLu Ooru" which was later shortened to Bengalooru in the local language Kannada, and the angalized name is Bangalore. However, according to historical evidence, the name Bengalooru was already in existence in a 9th century temple inscription in the village of Begur, in the south of Bangalore.
Some of the Best places to take your kids in Bangalore
If you are a visitor to Bangalore with your kids or staying in Bangalore with a family you would definitely like to take your kids around Bangalore to give them an enjoyable time in this garden city. Some of the best places are these.
1. Lal Bag Garden : Most of the kids would love to spend their time in this botanical garden watching the glass house, plants, rose garden and other flowers, feeding the deer and rabbits, climbing the small hill top temple etc. They would also enjoy running and playing around the vast area freely and looking at the lakes. Flower shows are held here twice a year - one during Republic Day in January and the other one during Independence day in August.
2. Cubbon Park : There are several things to do here like visiting the Bal Bhavan and a journey in the toy train meandering around the park. They can also enjoy in the park playing. Apart from this, a Doll's museum is another attraction and a mini park with swings, horse rides and tree houses. Children's films and stage plays are screened in the Vijayaranga Theatre here. There are open pavilions with teracotta roofs arranged in a crescent. Also there is a clock tower and a lovely grassy amphitheatre. An Aquarium is also there in an octagonal building. It will be fascinating for the kids to see this underwater world. It is a fresh water Aquarium, exhibiting a variety of fishes.
Amusement Parks in Bangalsore
3. WonderLa: Wonderla is yet another place for the children to spend a wonderful holiday. It is the newest amusement Park where not only kids, others can also spend a wonderful time. Located on Bangalore-Mysore Road, it is ranked as India's biggest amusement park. Many water rides and the latest imported land rides are available here. The high-thrill rides include Maverick, Y-Scream, Drop Zone, Insanity etc. The little older children can enjoy with their parents a number of water-based amusements such as Wave Pools, Play Pools, Lazy River and a variety of Water Slides.
4. Neeladri Amusement Park: The children would love to spend a holiday in a fun-filled atmosphere here in the amusement Park. Set on a splendid 30 acres of land, Neeladri Amusement Park is the combination of an amusement park and a water park in the city. They can have fun in rides, games arcade, and in a Roman type amphitheatre. To satisfy their stomach and tasty buds, there are restaurants, ice cream parlours and chaat stalls in the Park.
5. Crazy Waters - This is a Water Park which provides the kids the right kind of thrill, splash and excitement to make their holiday fun filled. The kids can also have the opportunity to hire the swim costumes for rent to enjoy more fun.
6. Lumbini Gardens: Close of Hebbal Flyover, set in front of Nagavara Lake, the kids and the parents can enjoy the Wave Pool.
7. Bannerghata National Park: It will be a fantastic experience for the kids to visit the zoo at Bannerghata National Park, which is just. 25 kms away from the city. They can have a glimpse of wild animals like bisons, lions, elephants and panthers in their natural habitat. They can also see the monkeys, the snake park, the museum, birds, cheetah and other wild animals in this beautiful park. If interested, a lion safari can also be arranged here with the park officials. A visit to the ancient temple of Champakadharmeswara built by the Hoysalas in the 12th century AD will be worth.
8. Vishweshwaraiah Industrial and Technological Museum.: This technological museum was established in memory of Bharat Ratna Sir M Visvesvaraya. This building, with 4 floors, is located at one end of Cubbon Park. in each floors, scientific models and equipment are set. A Dinosaur Corner is also there. Children would love to visit this place and spend time there
If your kids are interested in learning history you can take them to see the monuments of Bangalore like the palaces and fort.
9. Vidhana Soudha : This imposing building is the House of Legislative Chambers of the Karnataka State Government. The main entrance is overshadowed by the four headed lion,the symbol of Indian sovereignty.
10. Tipu Sultan Palace: The palace building houses a Museum, exhibiting artefact from the era of Haider Ali and Tipu Sultan. Near the Palace is the Fort, which helped them through several battles.
11. Bangalore Palace: Spread over an area of 430 acres, Bangalore Palace is located in the heart of the city.It was built by Chamaraja Wodeyar, Maharaja of Mysore in 1887, in Tudor style. The Palace flaunts turreted parapets, battlements, fortified towers and arches. The Bangalore Palace is famous for its elegantly carved wooden interiors. This unique edifice gives the feeling of a piece of England's architecture in Bangalore. It is useful for the kids to learn about the history of the State.
More by this Author
Hyderabad, the capital city of Andhra Pradesh, India, is a great tourist destination. Hyderabad is filled with historic monuments like Charminar, Qutub Shahi Tombs and many other monuments. Apart from these, there are...
A visit to Bangalore is incomplete without a safari in the Bannerghatta National Park and a visit to the Butterfly Park.
Thinking of adding flax seed to your diet? Find out about the various health benefits of flax seeds, and information about how to use them.