Best Places to take your Kids in Bangalore, India
Where is Bangalore?
Bangalore is a beautiful city of Karnataka in the southern part of India. It is also known as Bengaluru, which was named recently. Bangalore is the capital city of Karnataka State and with a salubrious climate as it is situated at an altitude of 949 meters (3113 ft.) above sea level.
History of Bangalore
It is said Bangalore got its name from the words “Bendha KaaLu” (which means boiled beans in the local language Kannada). During the period of Vijayanagara empire, king Veeraballala once his way in forest and was tired and hungry, stumbled upon a lonely cottage of an old woman. The old woman served the starving king with boiled beans which is locally called “Bendha kaaLu”. The king called that place as “Bendha kaaLu Ooru" which was later shortened to Bengalooru in the local language Kannada, and the angalized name is Bangalore. However, according to historical evidence, the name Bengalooru was already in existence in a 9th century temple inscription in the village of Begur, in the south of Bangalore.
Where can you take your kids in Bangalore?
If you are a visitor to Bangalore with your kids or staying in Bangalore with a family you would definitely would like to take your kids around Bangalore to give them an enjoyable time in this garden city.
1. Lal Bag Garden : Most of the kids would love to spend their time in this botanical garden watching the glass house, plants, rose garden and other flowers, feeding the deers and rabbits, climbing the small hill top temple etc. They would also enjoy running and playing around the vast area freely and looking at the lakes.
2. Cubbon Park : There are several things to do here like visiting the Bal Bhavan and a journey in the toy train meandering around the park. They can also enjoy in the park playing. Apart from this, a Doll's museum is another attraction for them here, and a mini park with swings, horse rides and tree houses also will be of great attraction to them. Children's films and stages plays are screened in the Vijayaranga Theatre here. There are open pavilions with teracotta roofs arranged in a crescent. Also there is a clock tower and a lovely grassy amphitheatre.
There is also an Aquarium in an octagonal building. It will be fascinating for the kids to see this underwater world. It is a fresh water Aquarium, exhibiting a variety of fishes.
Amusement Parks in Bangalsore
3. WonderLa: Wonderla is yet another place for the children to spend a wonderful holiday. It is the newest amusement Park where not only kids, others can also spend a wonderful time. Located on Bangalore-Mysore Road, it is ranked as India's biggest amusement park. Many water rides and the latest imported land rides are available here. The high-thrill rides include Maverick, Y-Scream, Drop Zone, Insanity etc. The little older children can enjoy with their parents a number of water-based amusements such as Wave Pools, Play Pools, Lazy River and a variety of Water Slides.
4. Neeladri Amusement Park: The children would love to spend a holiday in a fun-filled atmosphere here in the
amusement Park. Set on a splendid 30 acres of land, Neeladri Amusement
Park is the combination of an amusement park and a water park in the
city. They can have
fun rides, games arcade, Roman type amphitheatre. There are restaurants, ice
cream parlours and chaat stalls are also available.
5. Crazy Waters - This is a Water Park which provides the kids the right kind of thrill, splash and excitement to make their holiday fun filled. The kids can also have the opportunity to hire the swim costumes for rent to enjoy more fun.
6. Lumbini Gardens: Close of Hebbal Flyover, set in front of Nagavara Lake, the kids and the parents can enjoy the Wave Pool.
7. Bannerghata National Park: It will be a fantastic experience for the kids to visit the zoo at Bannerghata National Park, which is just. 25 kms away from the city. They can have a glimpse of wild animals like bisons, lions, elephants and panthers in their natural habitat. They can also see the monkeys, the snake park, the museum, birds, cheetah and other wild animals in this beautiful park. If interested, a lion safari can also be arranged here with the park officials. A visit to the ancient temple of Champakadharmeswara built by the Hoysalas in the 12th century AD will be worth.
If your kids are interested in learning history you can take them to see the monuments of Bangalore like the palaces and fort.
8. Tipu Sultan Palace: Built in 1791, it houses a museum, exhibiting artefacts from the era of Haider Ali and Tipu Sultan. Near the palace is the Fort, which was their strong hold through several battles.
9. Bangalore Palace: Spread over an area of 430 acres, Bangalore Palace is located in the heart of the city.It was built by Chamaraja Wodeyar, Maharaja of Mysore in 1887, in Tudor style. The Palace flaunts turreted parapets, battlements, fortified towers and arches. The Bangalore Palace is famous for its elegantly carved wooden interiors. This unique edifice gives the feeling of a piece of England's architecture in Bangalore.
10. Vidhana Soudha : This imposing edifice is the House of Legislative Chambers of the Karnataka State Government. The main entrance is overshadowed by the four headed lion,the symbol of Indian sovereignty.
- Family Vacation Getaways from Bangalore
Some of the intereting Family Vacation Getaways from Bangalore
- Best Amusement And Theme Parks In Bangalore City
Bangalore is home to the IT industry and the BPO's. Family outings on weekends are looked forward to eagerly for some fun and entertainment. Friends welcome the holidays to form groups and set off to the...
More by this Author
Learn about the top reasons to visit South India.
Hyderabad, the capital city of Andhra Pradesh, India, is a great tourist destination. Hyderabad is filled with historic monuments like Charminar, Qutub Shahi Tombs and many other monuments. Apart from these, there are...
Like any other country, India too has got her own beliefs and superstitions.