Things to see when Traveling to Thailand
Thailand is an amazing country that offers a lot of different things for the visitor to see. From Buddhist shrines and places of historic importance to luxurious beaches and modern nightlife options, there's a little bit of something for every traveler visiting Thailand. What you end up seeing depends upon your personal interests but there are some major attractions that most people don't want to miss out on when visiting this fabulous country.
Here are some of the things that you might want to include on the itinerary for a trip to Thailand:
- Islands and beaches. There are a number of different islands near Thailand that can be reached by ferry. The beaches here are amazing. During the summer, many of them are filled with parties but there are also plenty of areas that are secluded so there will be a place that suits each different traveler. One of the most popular choices is Ko Pha Ngan which is a party island where hundreds of people gather together on each full moon night to dance to the sounds of DJs. Other popular island choices include Ko Phi Phi, Ko Chang, Ko Samui, Ko Tao and Phuket.
- National parks. The flora and fauna of Thailand are worth exploring as much as possible and one of the best ways that you can do that is by visiting the national parks here. There are four major parks to consider: Ang Thong National Marine Park, Khao Yai National Park, Tarutao National Park and Ko Chang National Park. Any of these will offer a great place to take pictures and make memories.
- Outdoor adventures. On the beaches, at the national parks and all throughout Thailand there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy outdoor adventures. Go scuba diving, rock climbing and hiking. Get out and see the area as much as possible.
- Take a tuk-tuk ride. There are many different options for getting around Thailand and you'll probably make use of several of them but don't neglect to take the traditional tuk-tuk ride at least once during your stay in the country.
- Shop at the night Bazaar. Almost every city in Thailand has a Night Bazaar which is a nighttime market where you can purchase food and crafts. Many have live entertainment and offer a great experience for the traveler who wants to be amidst the Thai people.
- Visit the sacred sites. There are many different religious sites in Thailand that can give you great insight into the culture and spirituality of the people who live here. Many of these are historic sites that can also help you to explore Thailand's past. Buddhist temples are the most popular sacred sites to find but there are other types of landmarks as well.
- Enjoy the nightlife. If you're the kind of person that likes the nightlife then you're going to find no shortage of that in Thailand. It's a different experience from that in your hometown and it's one worth having while you're there.
The specific things that you will do and see on a trip to Thailand depend greatly on the area that you're planning to visit. Urban activities are common in areas like Bangkok whereas smaller regions and islands will be focused on nature and resort activities. The choice is up to you!
- Thailand Travel Guide and Travel Information - Lonely Planet
- Thailand Travel Information
- Thailand Travel Guide - Thailand Vacations - VirtualTourist.com
- Thailand General Travel Tips
- Thailand travel - Thailand tours, guides and hotels reservation
- Thailand Travel Notes: Thailand Travel Guide @ TravelNotes.org
- Thailand Travel
- Thailand Backpacking: Travelhappy.info
More by this Author
Learn about a bunch of fun things you can do at the beach besides just swim.
Manila is the capital city of the Philippines and one of two main places that you are likely to visit when you are traveling to this part of the world. The term “metropolitan Manila” or simply “metro...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.