What traveling can do to a person: Travel experiences
What did I get from my travels?
- Lots of pictures to last a lifetime. I usually share and show the pictures to my children, for them to appreciate other peoples lives in other parts of the world too. I show them the way other people dress, their foods, places and in general and how they live. Like any other Filipino, I love taking pictures, everybody does anyway.
- My view of the world changed and every time I go home from a travel abroad, I usually bring memorabilia from that place. If I have enough money I buy each of my friend and my family some token from places I visit.
- When you travel and visit other places, you become culture tolerant, at first you experience some culture shock (like women in cubicles in the red district in Amsterdam, and selling and buying hashish legally in that city too) but then of course, appreciation for others culture---- way of life is a must in this diverse world we live in.
- I discovered that each country is unique but with some similarities with their nearby countries, but each has its own tastes, history, culture and society and unique legacy. Looking at their way of life makes you respect them.
- I learned that you can only feel the place until you walked literally through it. You can also exercise by walking through the place where you are visiting, there is no other way to familiarize yourself with the place unless you take a walk endlessly, that’s what I do every time I travel. One time I walk down the River Seine in Paris and followed the way until my sore were feet and I was so tired I slept the whole day after.
- Your horizon is widened and you appreciate food, wine, museums and even their history and how they fight for their independence and freedom too.
- You learned the history of other countries and how they fight for their independence (like Napoleon Bonaparte, his mausoleum in Paris, France)
- You also learned the brave men and women that inspire their country.
- Traveling will add to your lists of friends. I have lots of friends internationally too, and I communicate with them through emails until now.
- I discovered that through smile you can have many friends from all people in the rest of the world. Even the snobbiest people can be charmed.
- You learn to be more patient, specially at airports, visa acquisition and learn to respect laws in other countries. There are diverse laws and are different from the laws in your country.
- But you also miss your loved ones and you appreciate them more and want them to travel with you too and experience other culture and way of life.
And lastly, I gain so many experiences to last me until I can travel again (If I cant travel again it is sufficient experience already, yeah). It is awesome to experience other culture and their way of life.
Oh I realize I miss traveling, I miss that kind of life, but I am more settled now and enjoying my present life, stay at home mommy and raising children. It is the most rewarding and interesting part of life.
In my almost four decades of life here in this bountiful earth, I have had the opportunity to travel and visit some places. I visited Australia, Europe (Brussels, Frankfurt, Germany, Amsterdam, Leiden, Rotterdam, Netherlands, Paris, Lourdes, France) Malta and Asian (Bangkok, Thailand, Singapore, China, Hong kong) countries. Not that I am rich, but I have found a way to travel officially, (courtesy of the university I was working during those times and some international funding). I usually write scientific research papers and have the opportunity to present it in international forums. The exciting part of it is that you have to travel where the conferences are located, but the rather tedious part (or so I say, but you don’t have a choice you need to write in order to present a research paper) part is to write what you are going to present and they will pay you all your accommodations, transportation expenses including living allowances. What a way to live. That was way back then, now I am a full time mom who tries to write my favorite topics at hub pages.
More by this Author
Boracay White Beach, Philippines -- One of the Worlds Best Where is Philippines located? Philippines is a country surrounded by bodies of water and is located in South East Asia. It is surrounded by large ocean...
- 79I Remember the Beautiful City of Love Called Paris - Why it is Called City of Love - Places to Visit in Paris, France
I remember the Beautiful City of Love Called Paris I love writing and sharing my travel experiences about the places I visited, but when it comes to my travel in Paris, I couldn’t write anything about it. I...
Lucky and Unlucky Numbers in Chinese Culture The study of Chinese culture is very interesting because they have so much superstitions and beliefs like numerology, using the laws of heaven and earth (astronomy and...