- Pets and Animals»
- Apes & Monkeys
10 Fun & Interesting Facts About Gorillas
Gorillas have been glorified in the movies. However, they are under a constant threat from natural disease and poachers. Gorillas are an important part in discovering our own roots as well as things that may help humans in the future. They share around 98 percent of the total DNA with a human. Learning about them is one of the best ways to learn how you can do your part in protecting Gorillas. Here, are some of the most interesting and fun facts about Gorillas
1. There are two different types of gorillas in the wild. There are the high mountain gorillas and the low land Gorillas. All of them are under protection against poaching and hunting because of the low numbers of them left.
2. Gorillas tend to carry their young on their back. However, during the first few months of a Gorillas life the mothers carry them close to their chest.
3. The adult Gorillas are identifiable from the females because of the small patch of silver that typically grows on the back. This is how they received the nickname silverback. Each family of gorillas has an alpha male that uses their strength and girth to scare away other animals that may be threatening to the family.
4. Young male gorillas will usually leave their family groups at around the age of 10 year sol. They will go and seek out their own family groups by age 15.
5. Gorilla does not eat any type of meat. They feed on the vegetation that surrounds them. They will forage for enough food to eat at least two times their weight a day.
6. Gorillas have a extremely long life span and can live for as long as 50 years or more.
7. Gorillas are very large and can stand up to 3 meters tall when they are standing on their hind legs. If they are on all 4 they can stand 1 meter or taller.
8. Gorillas are very intelligent and have been used in many zoos which have taught them to use tools and forms of communication. Some have been taught to use sign language to communicate with individuals.
9. Gorillas are one of the most endangered species of monkey. Their habitat is destroyed when people have destroyed it for expansion. The poachers have also been exposing them in other traps and snares.
10. Gorillas also have a unique habit of taking a banana and actually peeling it then throwing away the peel
- Fun & Interesting Facts About Orangutans
orangutans are one of the animal kingdomes most docile creatures. Mostly keeping to itself it provides for hours of fun watching. Lets take a look at some of the fun and interesting facts on orangutans
- 13 Fun & Interesting About Monkey Facts
Monkeys are the most fun loving creatures on earth. They are so closley related to humans genetically we have o start knowing more about them. So, come and check out some fun and interesting facts about monkeys