- Pets and Animals
Dog Names: fresh ideas for naming your puppy.
The joys of naming a puppy
There is certain magic in finding that perfect name for your new puppy. Everyone has a suggestion, but the process is rarely painless. Everyone wants the honor of finding that perfect name for the new family member. Here are a few ideas to focus your search.
Consider historical figures, painters, philosophers, writers...
- Sappho (a famous Greek poetess who offers is a great name for any majestic breed girl)
- Vivaldi (imagine a noble Greyhound with such a melodic name?)
- Mozart (perfect for a pudgy Bulldog or a Pug)
- Picasso (this one is for any pup with lots of unruly hair)
- Shakespeare (American Cocker Spaniel?)
- Socrates (this one is for a mastiff breed, a big dog name)
- Cleopatra (Dalmatian?)
- Joan < of Arc > (a great choice for a Great Dane girl)
Interesting Food Names: fit for a boy or a girl puppy!
- Tiramisu (for a little Yorkie or a Pomeranian?)
- Sushi (this one seems quite versatile)
- Souffle (very French, so maybe French Bulldog?)
- Clementine (isn't it precious for a Pug?)
- Yogurt (okay, it's a stretch, but with the right kind of dog it would work, I swear)
- Parmesan (only the cutest of the puppies can carry such a name)
Think of your favorite book characters
- Atticus, from To Kill a Mockingbird (a superb name for a Border Collie pup)
- Frodo, from Lord of the Rings (will fit any pup with mischief in his eyes)
- Mercutio, from Romeo and Juliett (I see this one as a brilliant name for a herding breed dog)
- Scarlett, from Gone with the Wind (any girl with an attitude can take this one)
- Elizabeth, from Pride and Prejudice (can't you just envision English Setter girl?)
- Hemoine, from Harry Potter (a Chocolate Lab pup can take this one)
- Sauri, from Memoirs of a Geisha (small and cute)
- Alice, from Alice in Wonderland (gracious, like a Borzoi)
Geography to the rescue
- Juno (wouldn't it fit just right for a Husky?)
- India (strong and elegant at the same time, just like German Shepherds)
- Palermo (a gorgeous name for a boy Rottweiler)
- Helsinki (almost any Terrier could pull it off)
- Cape (I see this one as a great name for the sporting breeds, short and to the point)
Once you chose a puppy, make sure give him/her a good start... Learn all you can.
- Top Ten Best Dog Food Ranked by Experts - Does Your ...
How do you know what to feed your dog? Feed him the best dog food ranked by vets and dog experts if you don’t want to take any chances with his health and nutrition. By feeding your pet the best quality dog food, you won't ever have to worry that...
- Can you raise a puppy without a crate?
How can you raise a puppy without a crate? Should you even try? Going against the popular advice, here comes a different approach to raising a dog.