I have a pit bull that i have raised from a pup. Very lovable, loyal and great d

1. profile image42
    danae1213posted 8 years ago

I have a pit bull that i have raised from a pup. Very lovable, loyal and great disposition. Recently

The other dogs that were involved were a boxer and a spitz.  All of my dogs are big babies which I have had all of them for several years. I am being sued and I need a little insight as to why this has happened.

2. Quilligrapher profile image87
    Quilligrapherposted 8 years ago

Hi Danae,

I recently came across two contradicting statements about pit bulls from the author Richard F. Stratton.

“One theory advanced to account for the breed's unusually stable and congenial-to-people disposition is that he is far too formidable a beast for it to be prudent to allow vicious individuals to survive (and thus to propagate).... This selective process tended to weed out the mean dogs and has left us with a dog with an almost ridiculously amiable disposition.” —RICHARD F. STRATTON (This Is the American Pit Bull Terrier (1976))

Eleven year later: “The mean ones are the aberrations still. But the aberrations are more numerous. “ —RICHARD F. STRATTON (July 8, 1987)

Sports Illustrated printed an article (The Pit Bull Friend And Killer) that maybe of interest to you.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ … /index.htm

But your main concern may be that as an adult handler you can be held responsible for damages caused by an unruly pet in your care.
    Q

3. Hi-Jinks profile image61
    Hi-Jinksposted 8 years ago

There are more than 100 different breeds of dogs. Why would you want the aggravation?

working