Help Needed with Moral Ethics where a Dog is Concerned...

1. RachelLynn profile image57
    RachelLynnposted 8 years ago

Help Needed with Moral Ethics where a Dog is Concerned...

My dog has a pancreatic tumor, & the vet had said by the end of this month he wouldn't be able to live anymore.  I'll be leaving for school on the 25th of this month & I have been debating whether or not to put him down before I leave while he's still somewhat healthy & has less pain, or if I should just let him go until he can't make it anymore.  If I go with the second option, I won't be able to say goodbye to him, and he's the best friend I've ever had.  There's times I know now he's hurting. Either way this decision is very difficult for me.  What do you all think is the right thing to do?

2. mattieneal profile image57
    mattienealposted 8 years ago

Watching a loved one suffer is not fun rather it be a pet or human. Personally if he is suffering and he was my pet I would put them down only to keep them from suffering. going to heaven is a lot better then suffering in pain and you would rather have the loving memories of when he was healthy. The final decision is yours and what you  feel is the right things to do but to end his suffering I would consider it myself.. I am sorry you are going though this and pray things get easy for you...

3. OregonWino profile image69
    OregonWinoposted 8 years ago

I would have to say that if he is going to be in pain...and more pain as he gets closer to the end then it would be better for both of you if you put him down before you left.

Closed to reply

working