jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can I get my older dog to play with toys again?

1. Carlon Michelle profile image68
    Carlon Michelleposted 6 years ago

How can I get my older dog to play with toys again?

My dog is in his tenth year.  He used to spend a lot of time at home alone and now I am working from home and I'd like to interact with him more.  He takes toys I buy him from me and put them in his bed not interested in a game of tug of war or fetch anymore.  Any suggestions?

2. lzlpio90 profile image84
    lzlpio90posted 6 years ago

hahaha... i don't know how to deal with that either... we had an old female dog and since she gets older and older, she didn't play anymore... I think its natural as what seemed happening to the older human...

3. JherusiaLhean profile image58
    JherusiaLheanposted 6 years ago

I guess it depend on how the dog grew. I mean the environment. My dog was getting older too but did not loose of energy to play and running all around. I just the one who surrenders on him... smile

What I constantly do since he was just a puppy I treat him as my brother, talk to him and let him feel what I did, If I feel sad I began to talk to him and he started to comfort me and as if he is asking me to play and forget my sadness. The bonding and relationship between you two matters.

4. NorthEast Timber profile image61
    NorthEast Timberposted 6 years ago

Do you still play with the same toys you did as a kid?  Get him an i pad or something more mature.

working