jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how can i train my jdog not to bite?

1. profile image45
    gege1posted 8 years ago

how can i train my jdog not to bite?

we no nothing abount dogs.  I have a shit-zu Jackrussel puppy.  She likes to bite and her bties hurts.  How can I train her not to bite?

2. kenya! profile image54
    kenya!posted 8 years ago

discipline. you cannot own a well behaved dog with out practicing exercise, discipline and then affection in that order.
    take the puppy for daily walks and expose her to as much as possible. after a long walk, if she bites you can practice discipline. scold her when she bites (only immediately after she bites, if you wait to scold her she wont understand what she did wrong). you need to be firm. don't be afraid of being firm and serious with her jsut becaus she's small and cute.
    its best to stop this behavior now before she gets older and it escalates into aggression.
    if you have anymore questions having to do with your new dog feel free to ask. i'd love to help.
    good luck!

3. nicoleclark2006 profile image55
    nicoleclark2006posted 8 years ago

Some people say to bite your dog back. It depends on if they are just being protective or have an actual problem. Also it is know that if it is a male dog to have him neutered and he will calm down!

4. My Dog Training profile image53
    My Dog Trainingposted 7 years ago

Puppy love is the best love with a lot of responsibilities. Training your dog an early age is very important. Keep your eyes on your puppy and know when specifically your puppy is biting. Your puppy has alot of energy and needs to release this energy with little games. Make sure to have a lot of toys for biting around your puppy.
    Try to teach dog obedience commands, keep sessions very short. Dog obedience training games help you to keep busy mentally and physically. keep your puppy busy all the time so she will not have time to think about biting anymore. She might be just teething, you may want to ask your vet if your puppy has physical problem that she is trying to tell.
    I think it might be just teething and having toys around will help a lot at this early age.
    Let me know how it goes smile

working