jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should you feed your cat chicken? Raw, or cooked?

1. profile image47
    Sid Scribposted 8 years ago

Should you feed your cat chicken?  Raw, or cooked?

Best way to pepare the chicken, and which portions should be utilized?

2. mkott profile image78
    mkottposted 8 years ago

Cooked, baked in overn with no seasoning on it and no skin.  Depends on what else you are feeding your cat and all cats are different when it comes to the portion size.  If you feed your cat some chicken also supplement their diet with a good quality dry cat food.  1/2 cup of cooked chicken and mayb 1/2 of dry.  If cat is not a healthy weight then increase amounts.  My cats always have dry food in their dish since they are failry active.

3. Cat Lover La Meow profile image55
    Cat Lover La Meowposted 7 years ago

The chicken should be cooked. If the chicken is not cooked it could lead to them getting worms. I know this is something that you do not want your cat getting so you will want to make sure that you cook the chicken!

Something else that I found that my cats LOVE is fresh baked fish. If you are looking at making things like that for your cat you will want to make sure to check out some of the Cat cookbooks that are available on Amazon. I know my cats love the food that I make for them out of those books!

4. gail641 profile image71
    gail641posted 5 years ago

I wouldn't ever feed a cat raw chicken, because they could get diseases. Baking chicken in an oven is a great idea. Using Shake & Bake for chicken is another option or just frying it on the stove in oil. Cats might be better off eating cat food dry and canned. A little cooked chicken might be okay, too. Using some flour to coat the chicken before frying it best, also using salt and pepper is good, too.