jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

my mom dosnt let me get a dog i tryed everthing but she said no can sumone help

1. profile image46
    momanposted 8 years ago

my mom dosnt let me get a dog i tryed everthing  but she said no can sumone help me

2. weblog profile image56
    weblogposted 8 years ago

This is totally between you and your mom. What kind of external help you expect here?

3. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

This should be a starter. It is a page I wrote to help give tips. Not everything works for everyone, and in some cases, people are better off not getting a dog.

There are more reasons as to why your parents are not agreeing to get a dog than what you may be able to understand.

4. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 8 years ago

The only thing I can think of that would further your case is to make a deal with your parents that YOU will be responsible for all the care, vet bills, walking, feeding, etc.  Furthermore, if you fail in any of your duties toward the dog, he/she will be rehomed without any further arguments.

This was the deal I made with my parents to get my beloved Simba (Simmie).  They held me to it; and, I loved Simmie enough to live up to each and every term we had decided on.  Simmie was a loving, devoted companion for 17 years; and, I never regretted my decision.  Neither did my parents when they saw that I was responsible enough for a dog and the joy he brought to me.

If your parents still say "No", you must abide by that.  Show your maturity by accepting the "no" gracefully.  Your parents are looking for maturity; and, may allow you to get a dog sometime in the future.

Good luck.

5. profile image52
    SpaceAgeposted 8 years ago

dogs can b a hassle. they bark & if not bathed, the smell. they also shed on2 furniture & everything else.