jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

my bunny doesnt like me. :( what should i do?

1. profile image45
    faithellsworthposted 7 years ago

my bunny doesnt like me. sad what should i do?

today she came up to me and bit at my heels. i can tell its not bcs shes playing. she keeps doing it, and its getting really annoying. so today i sort of lashed back at her, and she got really scared, ran away, and thumped at me. sad idk what to do cuz i think i ruined it from day one. my mom and dad got her for a surprise, and i knew KNOTHING about rabbits so i sort of overwhelmed her. i got her almost a month ago, and shes not spayed. can anyone help cuz i love her so much but dont want to give her away. ;(

2. heavenbound5511 profile image79
    heavenbound5511posted 7 years ago

what I do with scared animals is to solwing gently gain there trust 1st. Then most animals respond to love. I've had some of the most wild cats & also abused dogs that gradually after loving on them for a period time become tame. All animals are different & some require more time. You have to spend time with it everyday also.Find out what your rabbit likes & how it like to be petted & loved on & evenally it should come around & be calm. Rabbits are trainable too! Don't much on training them but I know they are.  Love changes everything & even people!
    Hope this helps. smile

3. profile image0
    QuincyDaWonderDogposted 7 years ago

rabbits are very sensitive creatures. lashing back at her doesn't do any good. when a rabbit thumps. they do it because they feel threatened and sense danger.

if you want to keep your bunny, you have to learn to exercise a great deal of patience. sometimes rabbits will nip because they either want you to move out of their way, or they want your attention. try being more attentive and loving to your bunny and see if that helps. good luck.

4. ttrash profile image58
    ttrashposted 7 years ago

lots of rabbits, especially young ones, tend to go through biting stages in an effort to establish some sort of dominance over the owner. If you are holding your rabbit and it bites, don't put it down or it will associate the behaviors and bite you every time it wants to be put down.

working