i have a 4yr old fixed female chesapeak i cant have anymore what do i do

1. profile image42
    jannathansposted 7 years ago

i have a 4yr old fixed female chesapeak i cant have anymore what do i do

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Advertise! This doesn't necessarily mean through a newspaper, though that can also be very helpful, but get the word out to all your friends, acquaintances, co-workers etc. that you need to find a home for this dog FAST. Craigslist and other online advertisements often work well too, but generally finding someone you know is your best bet in finding a good home for your dog. If you do advertise to people you don't know, inform them that you wish to see the home first and then arrange for at least two follow-up visits to ensure the dog is being properly taken care of. If someone doesn't like those guidelines, there's probably a good reason for it and consequently they're likely not the best home for your dog. Animal shelters try their best to give good care to all of the animals that come to them, but they do not have enough staff for the kind of individualized care and socializing that animals need and nearly all of them are overcrowded. In larger areas, animals in shelters have a very short waiting period before being euthanized and, if they are adopted, are taking the place of another dog that may then be euthanized in its place. It's always best for both your dog and other animals looking for homes to get an animal from a home directly into another home if at all possible.

working