Can stuff like allergy, violent behavior, animal related illnesses etc ever out

1. sofs profile image81
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Can stuff like allergy, violent behavior, animal related illnesses etc  ever outweigh the...

benefits of having pets?

2. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I suppose that would depend on the individual, but I think my response will be similar to that of most responsible pet owners with a resounding no. I've had all manner of pets; all are vaccinated and have never passed on an illness to me or my family. Violent behavior is often the result of past or current mistreatment, and none of my animals have current mistreatment. I have many years of experience with abused animals, so those that have had past mistreatment are the ones I specifically target to spend time with to help rebuild their trust, though I don't allow previously abused animals near my children unless I know they've recovered sufficiently. If one of my kids developed a bad allergy to the pets, then I'd likely have to re-home those that were causing the allergic reaction, though if it were my own allergies then I would suffer through it and/or take whichever allergy meds might help...I just can't expect my kids or anyone else to suffer. Yes, I've been attacked by cats, bitten by dogs, stomped by horses, bitten and scratched by countless rabbits and rodents, and received other injuries...but that comes with the territory, and if you're not willing to deal with an animal's nature then you really shouldn't be around them.