jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

What is the most violent animal?

1. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

What is the most violent animal?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

The most violent animal? That would have to be man of course smile

nmdondersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How simple this answer is.  I feel silly now for not even considering it.

3. abo ajoba profile image59
    abo ajobaposted 5 years ago

We can't differentiate that some animals are more violent than others. Any animal can behave violently only if certain reason is there. The behavior is noticeable, and can be attended to.
    Whereas, man's violent behavior is cleverly camouflaged and visible only when the consequences are noticeable.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I would say a fish of some sort: pirana, shark, etc; but they are only violent because this is how they eat to survive. I can't think of many animals that kill or commit violence for fun or sport. Chimps and housecats are both relatively violent in this respect. But in terms of why they kill, scale of killing, and potential means available, Homo Sapien is the most violent animal in the world. Modern man wiped out earth's only other living species of humans (Homo Neanderthalensis) about 30,000 years ago and entirely set itself apart from the rest of the animal kingdom.

5. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I think the most violent animal is the African lion that may weigh a half of a ton or a crocodile which is only predatory wild beast that can singly threaten the lion.

6. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

I have to agree with Univited Writer..it's man..look at Hitler...Osama Binladen..
    Japan WWII...Vietnam...Real animals kill for food..unlike human man....

7. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

It is definitely "man"; yet not just any man. It would be one with a significantly developed narcissistic personality disorder (NPD)...

8. Sarah Christina profile image84
    Sarah Christinaposted 5 years ago

OTHER than humans, I would say probably hippos. They may look cute but they are vicious! Also, Chimps and bears, like humans, are unnecessarily violent (meaning they will be violent just for the heck of it or if they are angry, etc not for survival/eating purposes).

That's what I've been told as well. Hippos are mean. They are cute though ... at least when I see them on t.v.

9. fuhrerking profile image59
    fuhrerkingposted 5 years ago

Lion the king of jungle could be a participant for the most violent animal.
    It is said that a lion can be so brutal that it kill its own kind  , sometimes a lioness for no reason. There are report about lion killing a lost,lonley and sivk lioness who was just passing by . There is no limit to its anger. It can even bite the the hand that cares or raised with no regrets, so i vote for lion.

10. afriqnet profile image50
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

Wait until you encounter a crocodile ...its the most violent creature, I have seen numerous bad experiences of people who have been attacked without warning.

I've seen that show "Swamp People" and it looks pretty crazy.  I wouldn't want to be near one, let alone wrangle one like those guys.

working