jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your favorite pet story?

1. LJHunter profile image38
    LJHunterposted 7 years ago

What is your favorite pet story?

I had a cat come to me a couple of years ago as a four month old ferral kittens, now she is a spoiled rotten two year old cat named Goldie. She is a medium haired, brown tabby with beautiful markings, her favorite treat are the Temptations Cat.

2. patdmania profile image58
    patdmaniaposted 7 years ago

My dog loves watching TV.  As soon as you put on the animal planet, she goes running over to the TV.  Its pretty funny to watch.

3. John B Badd profile image59
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

Rikki Tikki Tavi is my favorite pet story.  It is a children's story about a mongoose that protects a child and his family from some very evil snakes.
    Watership Down is my favorite animal story but I do not think it counts as a pet story.

4. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

My favourite may involve you getting a cup of coffee first as it's not particularly short.

I used to have a Rottwieller who was not only my dog but my best friend. We lived on the ground floor and my flat had huge floor to ceiling windows.

I'd usually open the shutters, open one window and let my dog out for her morning amble while I made breakfast. Then she'd just hop through the open window when she was done.

One day however, I answered the front door and let her out that way. It wasn't particularly warm either and I didn't open the window.

She didn't know that.

When she'd finished her 'doings' she did what she normally did, which nearly had me hanging by my finger nails from the ceiling as 20 square feet of plate glass hit the lounge floor.

I rushed in to see her sitting there smiling at me. Not a mark on her, the Dollop!

I stepped outside, scratching my head and wondering what to do when I bloke up a ladder next door called to his mate.

"'Ere," he said. "D'you see that?"

"What?" asked his friend.

"Bloke's dog's just jumped clean through that window."

"Wow!" said his friend. "What kind of dog is it?"

"Rottwieller," I said.

"Ah," the man said, nodding sagely.

He sounded as if it was only to be expected; sort of came with the breed. Oddly, she didn't have an inkling that what she'd done was out of the ordinary either.

It took a while to clean up, but thankfully, it wasn't something that was ever repeated, but she was an extraordinary dog...

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

A wrtten story - "The Wonderful Cat of Cobbie Bean" by Barbee Oliver Carleton.

6. heathermarie628 profile image79
    heathermarie628posted 7 years ago

The first cat I had was names Loki after a Norse god famous for his tricksters spirit. When he was about 1 1/2 I moved back in with my parents to prepare for a cross-country move. My other cat, MJ, was skinny and very agile while Loki was on the big side and not very coordinated. He used to watch MJ jump on the banister upstairs and one day, he decided to give it a try. The only problem is that he tried it on the sloped banister on the stairs instead of the flat one at the top. He couldn't get a grip with his front paws, his back paws missed completely and slowly and cartoonishly he slid down til only his little toes were holding him up. He let go and fell onto an old milk churner at the bottom of the steps and got his rear end stuck in the top. Needless to say my mother and I laughed our butts off because his face was priceless.

However, the best part of the story is yet to come! When my dad got home from work, I proceeded to tell him the story and as soon as I started in on the good part, Loki came tearing down the stairs and over to my chair. He ran over to me and took his little paw and punched me (no joke, a one paw hit!!!) with a glare that would make a mother proud, then he walked away like nothing had happened and took a nap on the couch!! It was priceless and by far my favorite pet story!!