jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When I walk my dog..

1. 1150kaylamichelle profile image54
    1150kaylamichelleposted 7 years ago

When I walk my dog..

on a leash he sits down on the ground a REFUSES to move like he is in timeout. Right when i take the leash off he walks just like a normal dog.. I don't understand why? Sometimes he'll be fine on a leash but randomly he'll completely refuse

2. countrystarr profile image58
    countrystarrposted 7 years ago

I have two dogs.  One of my dogs is the exact same way!  He is a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel.  It is so much easier just to let him off the leash but the problem is, if he sees a motorcycle, or a kid on a skateboard or bike he goes CRAZY and starts to chase them down.

I've finally resorted to bribing him with bread and treats.  Also, I go late to a school nearby (like 10:00 pm) when nobody is around and then I take him off the leash.

3. sofs profile image81
    sofsposted 7 years ago

As along your dog walks without causing trouble and is obedient why worry. I always walk my dog without a leash as she hates it she is very well behaved in public.

4. 1150kaylamichelle profile image54
    1150kaylamichelleposted 7 years ago

well i live at an apartment complex and they have rules where you have to keep your dog on a leash. but since he typically stays near me like he's on a leash anyways it shouldn't be a huge deal.

working