jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to stop feral cat from crapping all over my yard?

1. ptosis profile image77
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

How to stop feral cat from crapping all over my yard?

Lady next door feed feral cats. There is cat crap EVERYWHERE. I could clean but next morning - more cat scat

2. ptosis profile image77
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Scents that are known to repel cats, cat scat mats, punji sticks are all know to keep free roaming cats from defecating in your yard. read more

3. angel115707 profile image60
    angel115707posted 7 years ago

Now this is sooo funny, I laugh thinking about it, but I know the feeling, with us it used to be dogs, or a cat that always got on our vehicle leaving muddy prints... LOL.... hot sauce/hot peppers..its cheap and effective, you can either sprinkle hot pepper flakes or cayenne in your yard, and it will last a few days at a time, unless it rains, or get a spray bottle and use Tabasco and a little water so it sprays... spray all over where the cat loves to sniff and rub, he gets a good wiff of that and he will bounce with disgust and take off...LMAO

4. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

Make an outdoor litter box somewhere were they can get to it and fill it with no clumping litter like the stuff they use at the auto shops.  Someone made a hub about that and gave directions.  I can't remember who though but you may want to look it up on the hubs.  All you have to do is rake it every now and then to get the crap out of it and keep it fluffy so they will continue to use it over and over again.  It keeps them from coming near your yard.  Also wet ground is not what they like.  There is also a difference between stray and Feral.  If you can get to it and it not runn just seeing you then it is not feral.

5. profile image53
    fallsfellaposted 7 years ago

Sit on your porch and shoot the cats with a pellet gun...I had a neighbors dog that used to come in my yard a crap until I caught him squatting one day and shot him right in the balls with a gold pellet...Haven't seen that dog since.........................

Closed to reply